LegacyGT.com

The Mazdaspeed 6 Triumph

My God, if you do a Google search for Mazdaspeed 6 and Legacy GT, the big news, that is all over the Web, is how Edmunds chose the Mazdaspeed over the LGT by a country mile. I mean, the Mazdaspeed totally smoked the LGT! If you read the review you can see that Edmunds felt the Mazda totally ate the LGT for lunch when it came to sporty handling. This is apparently being seen by the various trade publications as the final and definitive answer on this comparison: the Mazdaspeed is the superior performance vehicle.

:icon_surp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a look at the write up on www.edmunds.com and wow, he's right. There's no question which car is preferred. A lot of times when a review shows the Legacy winning I see people pasting it all over this site, and when that happens, it seems that "everybody cares". Now, when the exact opposite happens, the response seems to be "who cares".

Methinks I spy a little embarassment here....

who cares

the SRT4 is still T3H F4ST4RRRRR

wow it only took 25 minutes for someone to post it this time :lol:

i can't wait to see one of those(MS6) on the street.....:icon_twis

oh yeah and

http://static.flickr.com/23/30805325_d4735920b3_m.jpg

My God, if you do a Google search for Mazdaspeed 6 and Legacy GT, the big news, that is all over the Web, is how Edmunds chose the Mazdaspeed over the LGT by a country mile. I mean, the Mazdaspeed totally smoked the LGT! If you read the review you can see that Edmunds felt the Mazda totally ate the LGT for lunch when it came to sporty handling. This is apparently being seen by the various trade publications as the final and definitive answer on this comparison: the Mazdaspeed is the superior performance vehicle.

:icon_surp

Which of these cars do you own?

When I watched the video on Edmunds, it seemed to me that the only reason they gave it to the mazda instead of the spec.B was because they saw a much greater difference between the regular mazda6 and the mazdaspeed6 than they saw between the LGT and the spec.B .. that is, they didn't see enough to qualify the spec.B's premium. The handling thing I think was secondary to that.

And we don't need to get into the LGT vs. spec.B thing again. really.

I mean, the Mazdaspeed totally smoked the LGT!

From the Edmunds article: " 'But with so great a decision resting on so many factors, how can I make a clear decision?' you ask. Good question. Despite our infinite wisdom, we struggled with the same question. And in this case, among three editors, the Subaru won with one, the Mazda won with another and the third called it a draw."

yep, smoked it

From the Edmunds article: " 'But with so great a decision resting on so many factors, how can I make a clear decision?' you ask. Good question. Despite our infinite wisdom, we struggled with the same question. And in this case, among three editors, the Subaru won with one, the Mazda won with another and the third called it a draw."

yep, smoked it

lol:lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

yep, smoked it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Subaru sold more vehicles last year in the US than ever before.. even though other companies get help from magazines and what not, its still not working. I will say though that in one of them mags they compared a Spec B to like 3 other cars and they pretty much said.. the Spec B kicked the other cars arse in the performance dept, it wasnt very close..

Yeah, I'm sure the MS6 is terrific, but....

1. No wagon (not that Subaru does anymore for me either, after discontinuing the 5 MT GT wagon for 2006)

2. No reliability history

3. No mod. hx. (easy LGT mods with AP, UP, DP, springs, sways, tires, etc.)

Without a doubt the Mazdaspeed 6 is a worthy competitor to the LGT, but I just don't like the looks of the MS6. This, of course, comes down to personal opinion, and I wouldn't care if the MS6 had 300+ horsepower...I find the regular Mazda 6 looks better than the MS6. That's enough for me to choose the LGT right there. The LGT would still be my #1 choice for a number of reasons..but most of them I'd say are subjective, and to each his/her own. This can only make each car better as they fight for dominance in the sport sedan market.

Archived