LegacyGT.com

Should I divorce???

Okay, so I didn't expect this to become this big of a thing... honestly I was really just joking about the whole divorce thing. I love my wife, I love my new son, and I love all three of our dogs (they are family too!). In fact I love (in not the same way I love the afore mentioned people/pets!) my Legacy... And yes I realize there is a lot of potential there! In fact I have decided, with my wifes support I might add, to look into modding the Legacy. I won't bother asking for "ingredients" for the perfect Legacy "STI", but I know I want to go Stage II although I have no idea what I need to do it, but it sounds rather affordable (I will keep researching the whole Stage II thing)... I gotta have that power and acceleration. I also know that I want to get rid of the terrible squatting thing the car does under heavy acceleration... I am thinking the Tein H techs... I have been looking around the suspension forum here and the S techs seem to lower the car more than I want, and it sounds like the ride would be stiffer than I would want as well. The other things are obvious, STS, turbo back exhaust (borla? anyone?), and I would love better brakes ( I would love some suggestions here, Brembos possible for our Leggys?), and new rubber (do I need 18's with the Stage II upgrade?) This is all rehtorical... I will ask these questions in the appropriate forum... basically I just wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate all the good suggestions, and who knows I might have to look into that STI Ltd when it comes available, or just hold out and look at the 08's when they come out... I have heard some scuttlebutt about more horsepower etc in 08... we will see!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

down size dogs to 1 then use the saved money for Vet and dog food to add to your STi or Evo IX monthly payments! :)

You should have seen the response I got when I suggested a minivan as a 2nd car. Dude thinks he is 24 (well maybe he is) ...forgets he is married, with kid and 3 dogs. Where do you want to put a 75 lbs dog and 2 more (medium and small sized) ? Outback ? Forester ? STi ? You guys are ALL such jokers. Really.

The guy needs a minivan with a rear enclosure for the dogs. He can ditch the 3rd row of seats...dogs have plenty space...and kid and luggae fit nicely in the 2nd row. This will keep wife happy, she'll be able to take the road trips she wants, provide ample space for 4-legged "family" and can haul stuff.

I say you all stop thinking like 24 year olds. He keeps the Legacy and he can mod the $hit out of it to make it into his dream street-legal race car. Heck...he wants to be a bad boy...keep the Subaru stock...it is plenty gfast...and he canm buy a motorcycle. He doesn't have to drive the minivan unless he is on vacation with wifey.

STi ? If he can afford it as an extra car fine...try have a family and an STi as a daily driver. That will work...like never.

Outback ? Forester ? Wow...and how much bigger you think that car is...really...a 75 lbs dog and 2 more ! You should all take this Subaru crap down a notch. I mean they're fantastic cars...but they are not the answer to everyone's FAMILY needs..

Really dude...get a minivan. Not a minivan ? Fine...Honda Pilot. Other than that...good-bye and good-luck !

f1ANATIC...his wife drives an SUV. How many times a week do you think he takes the kid with the three dogs and the wife all at one time?

My point is making do with what they have at the moment.

Saturn VUE = SUV ? Sorry...but I find it to be just a a slightly oversized SL2 Wagon. Just as Ford Escape is a fat Ford Contour ! Oversized...but in reality less spacious on the inside !

Here's a thought. Get the STi performance parts brochure from your local dealer. It would seem to me that if they were genuine backed my Subaru STi upgrades, warranty would cover them. But maybe not, you never know with Subaru and since their customer service is the shittiest I have ever seen you could get screwed. Just a thought.

Saturn VUE = SUV ? Sorry...but I find it to be just a a slightly oversized SL2 Wagon. Just as Ford Escape is a fat Ford Contour ! Oversized...but in reality less spacious on the inside !

just like the forester is a fat impreza and the tribeca is a fat overgrown legacy...:lol:

But what do I know...I have a G35 Wagon.

G35 wagon? Am i missing something?:confused:

http://www.edmunds.com/media/seo/500/2005.infiniti.fx35.jpg

:confused:

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

http://www.edmunds.com/media/seo/500/2005.infiniti.fx35.jpg

:confused:

please. that's like calling this an altima wagon.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Nissan/100594451/20026526-T.jpg

not to mention, they actually do make a G35 wagon, it's just not here.

please. that's like calling this an altima wagon.

[snip]

not to mention, they actually do make a G35 wagon, it's just not here.

Same engine, same platform. The FX35 AWD is as close to a G35X Wagon as you can get right now. (in the US - there is the Stagea elsewhere)

And since he said he considers a Saturn VUE to be an oversize SL2 wagon and a Ford Escape to be an oversized Contour, maybe that's what he's talking about.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

dude u have a son. thats all i need to say.
WTH? I have a son, and since he's been around I've had the following:

Taurus SHO

Integra GS-R

GTI VR6

WRX Wagon

WRX STi

Are you suggesting that anyone transporting kids should drive a minivan? I really don't get why being > 30 with kids != STi owner.

Back on topic, sounds like you should wait for the STi Ltd and trade your LGT then. You'd need a Ford Excretion in order to carry 3 dogs and a kid with accessories.

Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

Same engine, same platform. The FX35 AWD is as close to a G35X Wagon as you can get right now. (in the US - there is the Stagea elsewhere)

And since he said he considers a Saturn VUE to be an oversize SL2 wagon and a Ford Escape to be an oversized Contour, maybe that's what he's talking about.

Most reasonable people wouldn't agree with any of the statements, not just the G35 wagon statement, I would think. The fact that there is an actual wagon version of the G35 available (just not in the US) underscores this.

Archived