LegacyGT.com

Should I divorce???

Good stuff... I would really like to get out of that damn VUE... what a piece! I haven't even heard about this STI Ltd thing! That does sound perfect though... like I said I had an 04 STI and I hated the 16 year olds pulling up next to me in riced out Hondas & Acuras wanting to do 120 down the expressway, not to mention getting pulled over more than once by a police officer saying he didn't clock me but I looked like I was going too fast! Please, I am 31, and I know when and where I should be driving fast... Anyway, these are good suggestions... I will have to look into this STI Ltd... can anyone point me in the right direction for information about it?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell them all and buy a Tribeca. The constant ribbing from your fellow enthusiasts on LGT is well worth the investment.

Seriously, if you can stand the Tribeca, it would be a sound replacement for the rattletrap VUE, It will hall dogs, baby, and all. Keep the LGT. Then buy next gen. STi, which is sure to be more refined -less boy racer- than the current model. (try to slip this move by the wife as a commuter "economy car" purchase, at least that's the angle I would try.)

I bought the wife the Tribeca she bought me the LGT. We love both. But we also drink well water.

What year Vue is it? I was wondering because my gf likes the new Vue and the loaded one comes with the same engine as the Honda Pilot. The '06 looks really nice, especially w/ the DVD. She will be done w/ nursing school in June and will be making good money. By the time she buys one, the '07's will be out and if they still have the Honda engine it looks like it would be a good choice. I get a discount through my company on it too and from what I gather I can get in a fully loaded with leather like 23K, who knows once we are sitting in the dealership it may work out even better...would you recommend it or should we keep looking?

Since I just bought a 4wheeler and my son has one too, I want to be able to tow a trailer with them, but she will not want a full size SUV. I thought this would be a great vehicle for us, especially because it has a Honda engine.

']This fall Subaru will introduce an Impreza model called the STI Limited which is basically an STI without the wing but with leather interior and a moonroof. It'll cost the same as the regular STI and sounds perfect for you. Let your wife keep her Saturn and just trade in your LGT. Problem solved.

Why has no one else seconded this. This is what I came to say, but I was beaten. Leather, sunroof, no huge spoiler, but all the performance. Its exactly what you want without the drawbacks of the regular one. Go preorder one and you could have it likely by sometime in August as the first ones off the list. There are only going to be 5 or 600 of them.

Keep the Legacy, trade the VUE in for an Outback XT for the family. Shoot, go ahead and have another kid - the dogs will fit in the back. When you need room for luggage, get a rack-mount cargo box.

Mod both.:) Problem solved.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I like the STI/Outback combo idea. Take the wing off and de-badge and you won't generate as much attention. What's the Vue worth as a trade/private sale? That could be the deceiding factor.

What do you think your wife will love to drive that can also haul stuff? Work it out from there, just to figure out the interior space, power, looks, features. Based on those...sway her into the Tribeca, OBXT, or FXT whichever is closest to her preference.

For you, nothing is more sexay than an Evo IX with Recaro baby seats matching the fronts!!!

why not just do some mods on the LGT? AP + DP + Brembo kit + JDM RSB plus Bilsteins. Drop $3K and the car will be a different beast.....more than halfway to an STi in capability with mostly OEM parts. You'd lose $3K by selling it.

Bada Binga!!!

I was thinking this same exact thing as I was reading your post.:icon_bigg

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

QUOTE:"but my wife has this idea that we are going to take road trips with the "whole family" and it just isn't going to be possible unless we take two cars or get a bigger SUV"

With all those suggestions, I thought I will come accrossed of why not rent a van when you take this road trips....ONE-TIME-ONLY EXPENSE.

Okay, some of you guys have suggested some mythical beast called the STI Limited, suggesting it has all the attributes of the STI minus the wing and wacky interior. However, I have looked high and low on the internet for anything like this and all I come up with is the Japan only S203, S204, etc. Is there anything like this coming to the U.S. and if so when.... and where oh where can I get some information on it! Someone stated that it would be out in the fall of 06, but I would think something coming out that soon would have some hard concrete facts available to look at! Let me know where you guys are getting this information. Like so many of you said this might be exactly what I am looking for, and if it is just a matter of waiting then I can wait!

My advice to you is to stop thinking like a 24-yr. old.

Make improvements on what you have now, be it your wife , your child, your dogs and your LGT. You can learn to love your wife more, care for your baby more, and modify your LGT more. There is so much potential with this engine than you can imagine. Good luck.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

My advice to you is to stop thinking like a 24-yr. old.

You should have seen the response I got when I suggested a minivan as a 2nd car. Dude thinks he is 24 (well maybe he is) ...forgets he is married, with kid and 3 dogs. Where do you want to put a 75 lbs dog and 2 more (medium and small sized) ? Outback ? Forester ? STi ? You guys are ALL such jokers. Really.

The guy needs a minivan with a rear enclosure for the dogs. He can ditch the 3rd row of seats...dogs have plenty space...and kid and luggae fit nicely in the 2nd row. This will keep wife happy, she'll be able to take the road trips she wants, provide ample space for 4-legged "family" and can haul stuff.

I say you all stop thinking like 24 year olds. He keeps the Legacy and he can mod the $hit out of it to make it into his dream street-legal race car. Heck...he wants to be a bad boy...keep the Subaru stock...it is plenty gfast...and he canm buy a motorcycle. He doesn't have to drive the minivan unless he is on vacation with wifey.

STi ? If he can afford it as an extra car fine...try have a family and an STi as a daily driver. That will work...like never.

Outback ? Forester ? Wow...and how much bigger you think that car is...really...a 75 lbs dog and 2 more ! You should all take this Subaru crap down a notch. I mean they're fantastic cars...but they are not the answer to everyone's FAMILY needs..

Really dude...get a minivan. Not a minivan ? Fine...Honda Pilot. Other than that...good-bye and good-luck !

f1ANATIC...his wife drives an SUV. How many times a week do you think he takes the kid with the three dogs and the wife all at one time?

My point is making do with what they have at the moment.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Okay, some of you guys have suggested some mythical beast called the STI Limited, suggesting it has all the attributes of the STI minus the wing and wacky interior. However, I have looked high and low on the internet for anything like this and all I come up with is the Japan only S203, S204, etc. Is there anything like this coming to the U.S. and if so when.... and where oh where can I get some information on it! Someone stated that it would be out in the fall of 06, but I would think something coming out that soon would have some hard concrete facts available to look at! Let me know where you guys are getting this information. Like so many of you said this might be exactly what I am looking for, and if it is just a matter of waiting then I can wait!
Look here.

Archived