LegacyGT.com

RLM - armrest (pics included)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
Another gripe (my wife's not mine) is that with the seat forward to accomodate a shorter driver, the seat bolster ends up forward of the armrest (even when "extended"). Other than that, I'm happy with it as long as I'm not drinking from the back cuphoder.

• 9 months later...
My first post. I bought a 06 Limited MT about two months ago. I went online to subaruparts.com and bought the armrest extension. Paid $131 plus shipping and put it in myself. Also got some mud flaps (real easy to install as well). One thing I was wondering was that if your dealer installed the armrest would he keep the old one? Seems to me that it would be nice to have the old one just in case. The car is much nicer to drive with the armrest extension by the way (worth every penny....although I wish I'd have paid $114 for it)

• 2 months later...
There is another arm rest replacement that does not raise/lower but is a 'box' with the padded door on the top. More like an upwards extension. I chose not to get the 'elevator' version because I was worried that putting weight on it getting in/out if it was up would break it. I also have not decided yet to get this one so I cannot vouch for it. However, it is not sold by US dealers. As a guess it might be because it would interfere with the driver's lumbar support lever. The only source I found for this unit (admittedly not a lot more searching was done once I found it) is the fastwrx.com web site. It's listed at $132.00. [URL="http://fastwrx.com/suboemarex.html"]http://fastwrx.com/suboemarex.html[/URL]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='SSN666']There is another arm rest replacement that does not raise/lower but is a 'box' with the padded door on the top...However, it is not sold by US dealers. As a guess it might be because it would interfere with the driver's lumbar support lever. The only source I found for this unit (admittedly not a lot more searching was done once I found it) is the fastwrx.com web site. It's listed at $132.00. [/QUOTE] The arm rest you're talking about is a EDM/JDM part. You can get it through [url]www.cheammotors.co.uk[/url].

Right car, price has changed. They have one for the Legacy. [URL="http://www.fastwrx.com/learex.html"]Legacy Armrest Extension - Legacy Interior[/URL] [URL="http://www.fastwrx.com/learex.html"][/URL]

You can also get it through one of our sponsors, Rallitek, for a very reasonable price. They did take a while, but that's because the part was on international backorder, so their Japanese supplier was out. Rallitek has been great!

• 1 month later...
Anybody have install instructions for this JDM extension. I just bought one but the instructions are in Japanese (imagine that, eh? ;)). I'm sure I can figure it out but I've looked through all the walkthroughs and have not seen it. Thanks! -Ian

Dude, it is exactly the same as the instructions in the first post of this thread. The only changes are: Once you remove the exisiting armrest, screw it onto the JDM extension box. The bracket on the box, is the same as the bracket on the back of the existing armrest, so that should screw in place too. Screw everything back together, done. I thought the JDM instructions had pictures? I can't read japanese, but I remember using the instructions to do the install, because I didn't have WiFi setup to have my laptop out in the parking lot while I did it.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone else had problems removing the plastic plate (#2 in the photo)? I can get it to move about 1/16" but that's all. I have a JDM console extension to install and can't get started. [IMG]http://s94684512.onlinehome.us/files/rest2.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='mwr']Has anyone else had problems removing the plastic plate (#2 in the photo)? I can get it to move about 1/16" but that's all. I have a JDM console extension to install and can't get started. [IMG]http://s94684512.onlinehome.us/files/rest2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] You are not pulling hard enough. I had no issues. X
---

[quote name='laz']You are not pulling hard enough. I had no issues.[/quote]I'm pulling as hard as my fingers can pull, given that there's not much to grab onto. Do you pull straight out, or "up" as the pic says (which doesn't make much sense to me)?

[quote name='mwr']I'm pulling as hard as my fingers can pull, given that there's not much to grab onto. Do you pull straight out, or "up" as the pic says (which doesn't make much sense to me)?[/quote] I found it most useful to 'push up' on the bottom corners of the plastic cover, the catch is in the middle but there's no grip there.

[quote name='VVG']I used a BMF screwdriver near the fastener.[/quote]OK, I used my own version of a BMF screwdriver, the claw part of a claw hammer, and pried it off. It took some strong prying even with that. Nothing seems damaged though. Thanks to everyone who helped!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ibflyin']The extender just replaces the top, so no effect with aux in connection.[/quote] same for the jdm one mentioned in the thread? I thought it had some sort of seperate bottom as well to increase storage ..? Tough to tell .. Its quite possible I'm just an idiot :)

My JDM console/armrest extension immediately felt like it was the way it was supposed to be. It's a place to rest my right arm (the part near the elbow) that wasn't there before. Possibly it wouldn't provide that for drivers who need to have the seat more forward. (I'm tall and need the seat all the way to the rear.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived