LegacyGT.com

LGT Airbox...SHARP!

Well,

Long story short.

Was in the middle of changing my air filter to the K&N yesterday, looking at the ol vacation pics for inspiration.....you know, kinda off in la la land admiring the sights and pics.

Right hand slipped and I cut my thumb to the bone for about 2.75" long and about 1/4 " wide, dead center. Some part of the airbox cover was the culprit....appearently FHI like their parts finely machined.

Ouch I said.....as I then bled out like a stuck pig.

Put the car back together and drove the Leggasuarus to Emerg.

To make matters worse the super hot triage nurse laughed her ass off when I said I was changing an air filter.

Doc stiched me up for 6 #3 Ethilon stitches and gave me a lesson in suturing. Just missed the tendon....lucky me.

Triple Rye and Coke and 4 Extra strength Advils take the edge off.

Just a question...anyone else have a blood thirsty Legacy? I look at her different now....and the stutter is gone. LOL:lol:

Just a question...anyone else have a blood thirsty Legacy? I look at her different now....and the stutter is gone. LOL:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yea the GT has taken a good bit of blood from me, but like I always say, if you arent bleeding when you are done an install, then you havent done it right at all :D

Havent had to get stitches though, nice one http://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

"Just a flesh wound!"

Yikes, that sounds nasty!! My Miata has always been a bit of a vampire, but nothing serious like that - just the usual knucklebusters. Haven't really done much to the Subie yet, but I'll keep this in mind when I do!

What kind of Rye? I travel to Toronto regularly, and have acquired a taste, myself...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Well, I like Canadian Club 12 yr.....

Just picked up a 60oz 2 days ago, so I'm good for a bit!

The worst part is I work on cars and a lot of motorcycles.....the little bitch just up and bit me...

To make matters worse the super hot triage nurse laughed her ass off when I said I was changing an air filter.

i second the request for pics but they should be of said triage nurse

Well no pics of the nurse.....her name was Jody....about 5'4, 120, cropped blonde (natural) hair, green eyes and a body that would stop a train.

Awesome. Awesome Awesome.

Now the wound is wrapped and still bleeding...I'll take some pics in a day or two....

My wife is calling me Frankenfinger.

Nice.

Well no pics of the nurse.....her name was Jody....about 5'4, 120, cropped blonde (natural) hair, green eyes and a body that would stop a train.

Awesome. Awesome Awesome.

Now the wound is wrapped and still bleeding...I'll take some pics in a day or two....

My wife is calling me Frankenfinger.

Nice.

:lol::lol::lol: Thats what a wife should do...

I hear you about hot nurses, I got a really hot X-ray tech a few years back when my knee was smashed playing in a hockey game. I was flying high on the pain killers and salivating over how hot she was. The best part was the X-ray table was quite low ;)

All I could talk about on the 2 hour bus ride home was how hot she was and how I needed to go back there

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I think just about the only thing that has cut me in the Subarus is the DP heat shield. That thing REALLY sucks.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

That sucks..

where in the airbox was this? I have to change mine again soon. I've done it once already, but don't remember anything like that. I just kind of popped the cover, took the old one out and slid the other in place. It was pretty tight, so i wasn't sticking my hand inside too much though...

Well like I always say the car needs blood to run. If you don't bleed it is not going to run. Looks like you got a few projects worth of bleeding out of the way. No more thumb wrestling for a while I guess. http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/dblthumb2.gif

should of gotten K&N typhoon or Perrin short ram and this wouldn't of happened :lol:

jk

hope you get better soon

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

gloves man, gloves!!

I did get stabbed with a piece of DP gasket when trying to scrape it off the flange....it was a gusher. :eek: Nothing an 'installer's band-aid' couldn't handle though. :laugh:

Castor, sorry to hear about your cut man. I forgot to tell you, the new K&Ns require you to use BLOOD now instead of oil when you install the filter.(:icon_tong ) I guess the new GT airbox takes that into account and "pre-bloods" the filter for you. No but seriously, at least you had a HOT triage nurse. I work alot in the ER at my hospital and most triage nurses aren't very hot.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

:needpics:

^ I'm also a knife-nut - so, for me, threads like this needs pictures! :lol:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune - get well soon! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived