LegacyGT.com

The Supra revisited.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Car companies are forgetting why the cars of the 90s were so popular to mod -- they all had turbos!

Modding a NA car is nowhere near as rewarding. You have a few that want to spend $10k plus on a custom forced induction setup but the average joe has no BPU path to follow. No quick 2-3 extra psi, no quick exhaust mods, nothing. Just the "you bought it so enjoy it stock" engine.

I bought my car because it was turbo, and AWD. If Subaru released a turbo H6 version tomorrow I'd be in line to buy it. No matter how good a car is, boost makes it better!

Seriously! Boost (more specifically turbos, because a reflash is easier than a pulley) is open season for modding. With N/A cars, you have to start with intake/headers/exhaust/cams/etc. Little gains for lots of money. With turbo cars you go with tune/exhaust/intake/etc. These give you huge gains for less money.

I saw one for sale the other day and I was this || close to asking what he wanted for it

I would love to get one. It is difficult though since I cannot go see the car before buying. That and the fact that I will be returnign to Germany and the car would be in the states.

Maybe when I return to the US I will look.

Car companies are forgetting why the cars of the 90s were so popular to mod -- they all had turbos!

Modding a NA car is nowhere near as rewarding. You have a few that want to spend $10k plus on a custom forced induction setup but the average joe has no BPU path to follow. No quick 2-3 extra psi, no quick exhaust mods, nothing. Just the "you bought it so enjoy it stock" engine.

I bought my car because it was turbo, and AWD. If Subaru released a turbo H6 version tomorrow I'd be in line to buy it. No matter how good a car is, boost makes it better!

Yeah but i don't think they want to be reminded that the car wasn't popular to the wide public. A lot of those cars did not get extremely popular until after they stopped production. Maybe if fast and the furious had come out a few years earlier haha

Turbo 3.0. Check this thread out.

Turbo 3.0. Check this thread out.

Archived