LegacyGT.com

Swapped cars with my buddy...

He has a 350Z, and I COULD NOT BELIEVE how slow that car feels in comparison to the Legacy. I just have the Cobb Stage 1, and with the exception of WAY up in the rev range, my little grocery getter absolutely smokes his 350. He noticed too, and I have been giving him a hard time about how nice it is to have a car with some power. He is already talking about getting a supercharger.

Having gotten used to the power, it was a nice little reminder of the GT's performance.

John

Imagine the sh!t me and my fellow Z32 owners give the Z33 guys. 400-500hp twin turbo 300ZX's are a dime a dozen and reliable. The 350Z was a real letdown, imo, for the Z community.
ignore him, he'll go away.

i actually raced 350z on "closed road" cough cough

we were going 60mph and we went up to 90mph

he was about a car length ahead of me

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I'm pretty sure a stage 1 legacy could beat a 350Z. The 350Z is a 6 sec car or around there while most GTs will make it in 5.5 or less stage 1ed. In fact road and track got 5.1 sec with the spec B. Probably just depends on who's driving.

Up here at altitude...they are embarrassingly slow. I've driven 'em a bunch and it's not even funny. I love the chassis and handling, but dang...slow turd. Stock LGT whoops 350Z at ANY speed @ 6,200ft. :lol:

Not a real fair comparison, but fun for me.

Just to recap, the one I drove is a convertible, and again, I have the Cobb Stage 1, but I think I would take it anywhere except maybe 120+. More importantly, in real world driving (stoplight to stoplight), the Legacy is far more entertaining, and I can actually carry some people around with me.

I have a friend with a really nice 350Z, we ran a grudge match at the local drag strip him against my 02 WRX-I beat him by 5 or 6 lengths. Granted my WRX had stage 4++++, needless to say he went out and bought a supercharger and it was installed with 2 weeks. We went out the next weekend and I beat him by 5 to 6 lenghts again, I did up my boost to 26.5 psi on race gas which I didnt run on the first race. Boy was he pissed.

Still, I really liked the way his car handled....

tHe HoV

I have a friend with a really nice 350Z, we ran a grudge match at the local drag strip him against my 02 WRX-I beat him by 5 or 6 lengths. Granted my WRX had stage 4++++, needless to say he went out and bought a supercharger and it was installed with 2 weeks. We went out the next weekend and I beat him by 5 to 6 lenghts again, I did up my boost to 26.5 psi on race gas which I didnt run on the first race. Boy was he pissed.

Still, I really liked the way his car handled....

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....... sneaky bastard. Did you ever tell him?

Okay... this is too classic. Last night, at a stoplight side by side with a 350Z. We're getting on the freeway onramp, and when the light goes green I hear him gun it. I take it slow until I am sure he wants to race, and then hit it. I heard his car rev up to redline (ish), but I couldn't really see him until he was in the rearview mirror. SMOKED HIM! I'm talking 5 carlengths by the top of third gear, and he was definitely trying. I almost felt bad for the guy.

Okay... this is too classic. Last night, at a stoplight side by side with a 350Z. We're getting on the freeway onramp, and when the light goes green I hear him gun it. I take it slow until I am sure he wants to race, and then hit it. I heard his car rev up to redline (ish), but I couldn't really see him until he was in the rearview mirror. SMOKED HIM! I'm talking 5 carlengths by the top of third gear, and he was definitely trying. I almost felt bad for the guy.

could have been an auto?

was this in a school zone?

a construction zone?

Go speed racer GO!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived