LegacyGT.com

Swapped cars with my buddy...

350Z takes the LGT... not by much. Stage1 they are probably even. The Z traps higher. It was said before that the Z has better mid range and 6 speeds helps a bit. Anyone who says they smoked one stock to stock must have been racing an auto or a bad driver. At higher speeds the Z has a real advantage but 0-30 the LGT will win. I drive both. The Z responds well to mods but forced induction seems to be somewhat problematic but a friend has a supercharged one and has had no problems.

He is a rare exception to the rule;)

My father has a 04 Track edition, I like the handling of the car but it is def..no world beater when it comes to Acceleration!

Iamboon & myself ran against a handfull of 350Z's @ the track. All of these cars were 6MT....all were modded....2 cars had drag radials....most launched @ 3-3.5k......none were supercharged.....one broke the 14sec mark

13.9 on dragradials....

:lol::lol:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Having owned a 350Z (and trading it for LGT) - I wanted to chime in:

A stock 350Z is pretty fast but no world beater. Best stock times I saw while I was on 350zforms.com was a 13.8-13.9. With some minor mods they are easy mid 13s. The engine is an awesome engine - responds well to breathing mods - header, exhaust, etc did wonders for the car - but were also expensive. A Nissan dealership where I live is twin turbo'ing and superchargering 350Zs. Word is they can handle LOW boost only - if you get too high - problems.

Now - stock for stock a LGT might hang with a 350Z down low, but once you get moving (esp. past 60 - and if elevation is not a huge factor) the Z will pull trust me.

I love the LGT - Main reason I got rid of the Z for it. For me the LGT has 85-90% of the power of the Z, but with AWD, four doors, and a sleeper look. Where I live I was getting very tired of everyone trying to race me at stop lights - way too much attention.

But then again, I had an early build (one of the 1st in MD to own one). So I had all the TSB with the car: bad tranny, window streaking, tires were wearing out (bad alignment), drivers side bolster worn at 11K miles (cloth seats), moisture in the headlight assembly, sticky gas cover, etc.

Anyway - point being the 350Z is not that bad - I still think it deserves some respect.

Ion....the 350z must also really like cold air. The 350 guys that day were really pushing hard & like I said best time was 13.9 @ 101

On our track day it was 68*

Maybe the 3.5 really enjoys cold temps...

I have seen a supercharged mid 12sec 350 before......

He lost his engine though @ 28k:eek:

As far as handling goes the track model is a force not to be overlooked.

I wish the Daewoo could stop that quick;)

wukindada - from what I always read on the 350zforums.com - launching the Z was a bit tricky. You would see a lot of first time runs at around 14.3 - plus I always thought it was a little too heavy. But you are right - they would handle pretty nice, esp the track edition.

Yeah supercharged (or turbo) 350Z will run, but like you said, engines tend to blow up too - not worth it in my opinion.

I had fun with the car but the same time, I always felt like something was missing - I was never truely happy. I almost bought a 03' WRX before the 350Z. I only had the Z about a year when news about the LGT starting coming out - and now I am a true Subaru fan addicted to AWD and turbos...

ion.....my story was very similar. I purchased my 03 track model site un-seen (or test driven=stupid) and was on the famed pre-purchase program. I bought it and waited 3 monthes for it to show up at the dealer. However like you; the car always left me wanting.

Had the usual bolt-on's, Injen, borla, Volk LE37's with huge 275 rubber. But without droping a ton of cash there was no hp to be had.

It was an attention getter though. People would stop and take pics while it was parked. I used to pretend I was annoyed by that.

I get asked ALOT about what kind of car it is......for some time now I just tell them it's a Daewoo;)

It's really funny @ the track when the announcer is talking about the "Daewoo wagon with a Turbo"

On one of my last runs against a 90 mustang notchback bored over to a 347 running a 50 shot. The mustang gave a HUGE burnout with his street slicks. It was so thick I had to wait to stage....I could hear the announcer

"staging in lane 1 is a 05 Daewoo...looks like he may have a turbo"

The mustang lost traction a little @ the line & that is all it took...

Several drivers & spectators came up & told me the announcer was :lol: over the speaker!

So thats why it's my Daewoo!

Suby owners know what it is.....most import guys know what it is to...The domestic guys are mostly clueless!

I get asked ALOT about what kind of car it is......for some time now I just tell them it's a Daewoo;)

It's really funny @ the track when the announcer is talking about the "Daewoo wagon with a Turbo"

On one of my last runs against a 90 mustang notchback bored over to a 347 running a 50 shot. The mustang gave a HUGE burnout with his street slicks. It was so thick I had to wait to stage....I could hear the announcer

Several drivers & spectators came up & told me the announcer was :lol: over the speaker!

Suby owners know what it is.....most import guys know what it is to...The domestic guys are mostly clueless!

HAHAHA that is awesome.

scatman - yeah our stories sound very similar. I pre-ordered my Z Feb of 02' and waited almost seven months to get the Z. I was a part of the pre-purchase program. Got all sorts of pictures, stories, etc. They sent me a real nice oversized book about the history of the Z, etc. And like you, I bought the car without even a test drive (I was so excited at the time) - stupid.

wukindada - that is hillarious about the "Daewoo" reference - I would have loved to see the looks on the domestic guy's faces. :lol:

:lol: :lol: got it now!! Would have loved to have been there for that run!

Archived