LegacyGT.com

The valet ate my clutch!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how much and when should i tip the valet guy (if i ever let them touch my car)?

They usually arent expecting a tip till you get your car so if you flip him a buck or two when you give him the keys you're less likely to have a ferris buller on your hands

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

That is true for security reasons... it'd definitely slow down an already tedius process since they swipe the cards at the pump. I really hate not being able to pump my own gas. It's a nightmare when it's busy... you wait for someone to come over so you can tell them what kind of gas. then you wait after the gas is pumped for someone to notice the pump is done. A bunch of wasted time, energy, and money. I also have to check each time and make sure i'm getting premium and not another grade.

Yea, and they'll also spill gas all over the side of your car while taking the nozzle out...and then they may not put the cap back on right... :icon_mad:

Could it be possible it wasn't an actual valet but someone who was posing as a valet? Or maybe the keys were given to the wrong person?

Possible but very unlikely. This was at a small restaurant, only 2 guys working the joint. The guy I gave the keys to was still there when I went to pick up my car, and they would have remembered giving someone the keys to the only BMW E60 they had on the lot -- this was march '04, these things just came out and most of the customers who I saw driving something considerably more modest. Oh, and they keep the keys in a lockbox inside the restaurant. Had to be an inside job.

Thanks,

Dave

LORD >>> im never valeting my car ... d*mn ...

the hotel/hospital valet co. are more reputal than the smaller ones at the club. usually a valet at a hotel has cameras everywhere so reckless driving isn't usually an issue.

i never valet unless it's at those hotel services and i have no choice.

Yes, I think there's a tv show about the notorious mob families of Spokane, WA.....:lol:

this is actually true...i knew a valet parking co.'s owner that owned all the accounts to all the majority of strip joint clubs around my city and he was involved with the mob....the owner hired people to screw up other valet companies by damaging and stealing cars then he offered his service. he's actually still working till this day.

this is actually true...i knew a valet parking co.'s owner that owned all the accounts to all the majority of strip joint clubs around my city and he was involved with the mob....the owner hired people to screw up other valet companies by damaging and stealing cars then he offered his service. he's actually still working till this day. and mighty rich and corrupt.

So, I valet park my 06, spec-B with 2K miles on it. Come out from a nice dinner with the wife. Car pulls up and the valet guy says" Hey I am really sorry sir, I accidently drove your car back here with the emergency brake on". The car STINKS like fried clutch:icon_mad: . I point it out to the valet who says it 's just a little brake smell. I pointed out that the emergency brake is on the rear wheels and the rottten smell is coming out from under the hood. The place contracts out valet services, no one on site but the manager did smell the stink which was worse by the time she got out there.

The car actually shudders with clutch engagement pulling away, subtle but definately there. It did it all the way home.

My question is, how much clutch damage could this nuckle head have done in 4 blocks from garage to Bar and Grill?( maybe even 8 if he left brake on for both trips).

If it persists I am going to get the car checked out on their tab. This is a pain in the ass especially since last saturday I installed an AP, new up/down pipe and fat rear sway bar on the car. I did not want to get into issues with the dealer already. There is a good independent subie guy in town since it would not be warranty issues.

Anyway, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

ha, that's what you get for letting a couger drive your lgt. give it to a huskie and they will baby it all the way to and from the garage and find that perfict spot for it.

Hehe. Just had to do it. Wife is a UW alumni and so is my mom. Dad grew up near pulman (colton, wa).

GO GU BULDOGS.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

how much and when should i tip the valet guy (if i ever let them touch my car)?

if it's complimentary, and the place is not really high priced, a $2-5 tip is good. always try to tip the valet guy if you're going to valet.

if that was true, he wouldn't have his car back. :lol:

That's what he was talking about.....

Had a 4 month old BMW E60 530i stolen by valets at a restaurant. When I came out the valet is like 'sorry man we can't find your keys.'

Could it be possible it wasn't an actual valet but someone who was posing as a valet?

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Archived