LegacyGT.com

The valet ate my clutch!

Cam : Not here.

Cam : We're not leaving the car here.

Ferris : Why not?

Cam : Cos we're not. I want the car back home where it belongs right now.

Sloane : Cameron, what's going to happen to it? It's in a garage.

Cam : It could get wrecked, stolen, scratched, breathed on wrong, a pigeon could shit on it. Who knows?

Ferris : Would you calm down, I'm gonna give the guy a fiver to look after it? (to garage attendant) Hi how are you doing? Do you speak English?

Garage Attendant : Err, what country do you think this is?

Ferris : Listen, I want you to take extra special care of this vehicle. See what a Finski can do to a guy's attitude.

Garage Attendant : You fellas have nothing to worry about I'm a professional.

Cam : Professional what?

DAMN!! beat me to it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a lady at the emissions station get wheel while trying to put the car on the rollers....she drove over them the first time because she gave it too much gas and almost hit the wall...I came flying out of the waiting station there and went off on her. So then a guy gets in, does his thing and then procedes to drive off with my car. I try to get the manangers attention and he just laughed it off saying he does that all the time. He just wanted to see what the car could do. Uh...hello?!??! I am standing right here! F-ing morons.

This am the car did seem to drive ok, the shudder with low rpm takeoff seems to be gone. My wife called me to tell me the Valet company manager called and said he would take care of any issues. This was a surprise. The car still stunk like clutch. From now on my wife gets wet!! Or, more likely, I drop her off and I get wet.

RJO

This am the car did seem to drive ok, the shudder with low rpm takeoff seems to be gone. My wife called me to tell me the Valet company manager called and said he would take care of any issues. This was a surprise. The car still stunk like clutch.

RJO

Take it to the dealer and ask them to check it out for you.

From now on my wife gets wet!! Or, more likely, I drop her off and I get wet.

RJO

Ummmmmmmm :icon_twis:icon_tong:icon_bigg:icon_twis

So then a guy gets in, does his thing and then procedes to drive off with my car. I try to get the manangers attention and he just laughed it off saying he does that all the time. He just wanted to see what the car could do. Uh...hello?!??! I am standing right here! F-ing morons.

"Ummmm... hello, 911? Yes, I need the police. I like to report a case of Grand Theft Auto. Yes, sir, I have a full description of the vehicle and the thief."

WTF?!?!?!?!? Did you seriously just let him/them get away with this? :confused: OHHHHH MAN! This is almost worse then all the others cause he did right in FRONT of you and they didn't even care!!! Are your emissions state run or private out there? Damn... I'm pissed off just thinking about what I would have done in that situation...:mad:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I had a lady at the emissions station get wheel while trying to put the car on the rollers....she drove over them the first time because she gave it too much gas and almost hit the wall...I came flying out of the waiting station there and went off on her. So then a guy gets in, does his thing and then procedes to drive off with my car. I try to get the manangers attention and he just laughed it off saying he does that all the time. He just wanted to see what the car could do. Uh...hello?!??! I am standing right here! F-ing morons.

I would have a hard time not putting my glock to his forehead when he returned.

seriously, no joke.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

So, I valet park my 06, spec-B with 2K miles on it. Come out from a nice dinner with the wife. Car pulls up and the valet guy says" Hey I am really sorry sir, I accidently drove your car back here with the emergency brake on". ....

Sorry your clutch got fried, BUT by letting the valet drive your new Spec. B, you have to assume some of the responsibility. Everyone knows (or should know) what kind of moron is usually working as a valet. Whenever you turn your keys over to anyone (family member, spouse, friend or a valet) you have some responsibility for your actions.

Nobody but my wife drives any of our cars. If I can't park myself at a restaurant, theatre or hotel, I take my business elsewhere. It's your car and you let the jerk drive it! Sorry for the rant, but anyone who lets a valet in their car and does not realize that they are placing their car at risk is living in a fantasy world. I'd rather walk a mile than let a "valet" near any of our cars.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

I though in MD if you are OBDII or newer you just get the scan not the roller test....Hmmmmm

same with the dealerships

one time, i had problem with my cd changer

took it to dealer

picked up my car and they added 8 miles..hmm

i yelled at the service lady and all she said was sorry it won't happen again..

since then, i request no test drive whenever i take it to the dealer

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Sorry your clutch got fried, BUT by letting the valet drive your new Spec. B, you have to assume some of the responsibility. Everyone knows (or should know) what kind of moron is usually working as a valet. Whenever you turn your keys over to anyone (family member, spouse, friend or a valet) you have some responsibility for your actions.

Nobody but my wife drives any of our cars. If I can't park myself at a restaurant, theatre or hotel, I take my business elsewhere. It's your car and you let the jerk drive it! Sorry for the rant, but anyone who lets a valet in their car and does not realize that they are placing their car at risk is living in a fantasy world. I'd rather walk a mile than let a "valet" near any of our cars.

+1

This Space For Rent

Had a 4 month old BMW E60 530i stolen by valets at a restaurant. When I came out the valet is like 'sorry man we can't find your keys.' Police report and all, they didn't deny responsibility at first, but my insurance company is still battling with them and the case is going to court in a few months -- car ended up being a total loss as they never found it.

I don't valet ever since.

Had a 4 month old BMW E60 530i stolen by valets at a restaurant. When I came out the valet is like 'sorry man we can't find your keys.' Police report and all, they didn't deny responsibility at first, but my insurance company is still battling with them and the case is going to court in a few months -- car ended up being a total loss as they never found it.

I don't valet ever since.

Could it be possible it wasn't an actual valet but someone who was posing as a valet? Or maybe the keys were given to the wrong person?

I sometimes worry that when I hand my Debit Card to the gas attendant it will be an imposter who will just make off with my card or copy it or something. And no i'm not lazy. It's illegal in OR to pump your own gas. STUPID STUPID LAW!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I sometimes worry that when I hand my Debit Card to the gas attendant it will be an imposter who will just make off with my card or copy it or something. And no i'm not lazy. It's illegal in OR to pump your own gas. STUPID STUPID LAW!
I'm not calling you lazy, but it certainly is not illegal to walk the card to the cashier yourself.

I'm not calling you lazy, but it certainly is not illegal to walk the card to the cashier yourself.

That is true for security reasons... it'd definitely slow down an already tedius process since they swipe the cards at the pump. I really hate not being able to pump my own gas. It's a nightmare when it's busy... you wait for someone to come over so you can tell them what kind of gas. then you wait after the gas is pumped for someone to notice the pump is done. A bunch of wasted time, energy, and money. I also have to check each time and make sure i'm getting premium and not another grade.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is true for security reasons... it'd definitely slow down an already tedius process since they swipe the cards at the pump. I really hate not being able to pump my own gas. It's a nightmare when it's busy... you wait for someone to come over so you can tell them what kind of gas. then you wait after the gas is pumped for someone to notice the pump is done. A bunch of wasted time, energy, and money. I also have to check each time and make sure i'm getting premium and not another grade.

There is a simple solution- move to somewhere that isn't Oregon or New Jersey. :icon_bigg

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

So, I valet park my 06, spec-B with 2K miles on it. Come out from a nice dinner with the wife. Car pulls up and the valet guy says" Hey I am really sorry sir, I accidently drove your car back here with the emergency brake on". The car STINKS like fried clutch:icon_mad: . I point it out to the valet who says it 's just a little brake smell. I pointed out that the emergency brake is on the rear wheels and the rottten smell is coming out from under the hood. The place contracts out valet services, no one on site but the manager did smell the stink which was worse by the time she got out there.

The car actually shudders with clutch engagement pulling away, subtle but definately there. It did it all the way home.

My question is, how much clutch damage could this nuckle head have done in 4 blocks from garage to Bar and Grill?( maybe even 8 if he left brake on for both trips).

If it persists I am going to get the car checked out on their tab. This is a pain in the ass especially since last saturday I installed an AP, new up/down pipe and fat rear sway bar on the car. I did not want to get into issues with the dealer already. There is a good independent subie guy in town since it would not be warranty issues.

Anyway, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

I managed a valet parking company back in the day. Here's what you can do:

1)contact owner of valet company (you should have taken some info. from that incident) and let him know in detail what happened. if the valet guy admitted to fault then you have the upper hand.

2)talk to the restaurant or company that contracts the valet service and explain your case. if you compain, the one that contracts the valet company has a lot of power. in other words, a valet business could lose a whole account which accounts to several thousands depending how busy the service is.

3)even in the case of an emergency parking brake left on, if the car drives less than normal, the valet service is responsible. besides, the valet guy already admitted he messed up.

hope that helps

btw, i managed a great team that made so much tip money because we worked long enough to know the returning customers. it actually help put me through college. not all valet companies are alike.

Archived