LegacyGT.com

The valet ate my clutch!

So, I valet park my 06, spec-B with 2K miles on it. Come out from a nice dinner with the wife. Car pulls up and the valet guy says" Hey I am really sorry sir, I accidently drove your car back here with the emergency brake on". The car STINKS like fried clutch:icon_mad: . I point it out to the valet who says it 's just a little brake smell. I pointed out that the emergency brake is on the rear wheels and the rottten smell is coming out from under the hood. The place contracts out valet services, no one on site but the manager did smell the stink which was worse by the time she got out there.

The car actually shudders with clutch engagement pulling away, subtle but definately there. It did it all the way home.

My question is, how much clutch damage could this nuckle head have done in 4 blocks from garage to Bar and Grill?( maybe even 8 if he left brake on for both trips).

If it persists I am going to get the car checked out on their tab. This is a pain in the ass especially since last saturday I installed an AP, new up/down pipe and fat rear sway bar on the car. I did not want to get into issues with the dealer already. There is a good independent subie guy in town since it would not be warranty issues.

Anyway, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope....We'll just say he was jamming in the car & it blew 6 of my speakers. Even had several witnesses give statements they saw him in the car & could hear the radio Blasting.

Speakers were MB Q's:(

The wort part was when I got in the car to leave I did not have the radio turned on. I didn't turn it on till the next morning...screeeeeeeeeech...vrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your car, I'd take it in to get it looked at on their tab.

I will never take my car to a valet unless I'm driving my GFs POS or I have the money to pay for possible damages caused by them. My brother used to valet for this country club. One night someone pulls up in my drive way, and I look outside. Brand new Audi TT, the driver... my brother!!! He dogged the hell out of that car. There is a lot someone can do to your car in 20 minutes.

Nope....We'll just say he was jamming in the car & it blew 6 of my speakers. Even had several witnesses give statements they saw him in the car & could hear the radio Blasting.

Speakers were MB Q's:(

The wort part was when I got in the car to leave I did not have the radio turned on. I didn't turn it on till the next morning...screeeeeeeeeech...vrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

man that really sucks..

I've only ever been in a situation where iv'e had to valet park a car once (my old car) -- and I wasnt too worried about it at the time. This is making me re-think whether or not i'd ever let anyone park the legacy though.

Wow. I never use valet after having my change dish picked clean and seeing my doors left open and someone laying down across my back seat and a valet guy listening to my radio in the front seat. Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, NJ, their valets had my car running for hours while they took naps on the back seat, played with the radio, and helped themselves to the goodluck money in the ashtray.

No disclaimer on any ticket is a defence against gross negligence. The guy admitted to this when he said I forgot the emergency brake. Hope you had a witness to his excuess
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Yeah, I worked for a valet service in college. Very large crew. 100+. We did, all sort of events, (weddings, parties, restuarants, hospitals etc). There were a lot of weirdo's on the crew.

Its is rolling the dice, which guy you get. Though you have to consider, how far away they park. Are they always within view. How professional they look. How busy they are. If they crushed, they are more likely to make a mistake, however if they are not too busy they have time to screw around.

Its generally okay if you have a boring car. Otherwise, make sure its the old guy or one of the girls(maybe not with some if its a stick), that drive it.

Its also generally okay at a country club where its the same steady 2 guys that valet. The valet company is going to put its better guys on a contract they don't want to loose. Plus the customer's are familiar with the same couple of guys. e.g. the valets don't rotate.

If I drove, you would have been okay. Though I did romp on the throttle here and there if we parked a couple miles away, but not really any abuse.

I've seen all sorts of things. A new guy peeling out, "In front of the customer".

Later the same night, The "new" guy smashed a jeep into a pillar outside of Franklin Field(U Penn). That really puts a damper on everyone else's tips when news gets back to the party.

When people call for a large group of people, the 2nd and 3rd tier valets get called up.

Those are the guys that, can't drive stick, or disappear all night, fall asleep in someone's car with the radio cranked up. They show up later on, when its time to split tips.

I've seen them go out drinking.

I've seen a hummer's/4x4 taken off road!!

Even though the tickets say the company is not responsible, the company did pay for damages. You have to say something on the ticket. Otherwise people are more likely to bring in cars that already damaged. They run out of an event, already knowing where the dent is.

Cobbs Vallet map for the win.......Funny to see the dude punch it and hit 3k rev limiter mark......LOL

Granted that wouldn't help the ebrake thing....but after they bucked once at 3k they would be real nervous and drive much more carefully.....:D

Yeah Not a fan of them, or people garages that have to drive your car to the spot in the garage, alot of places like that in NY. I was just about to have him park, then he's like what year, model blah blah....I asked y he needed that info, he paused for a long time and started with a bs answer, I backed out....C ya....

Anywho, keep us posted man, sorry to hear a fellow owner got hosed

Wow. I never use valet after having my change dish picked clean and seeing my doors left open and someone laying down across my back seat and a valet guy listening to my radio in the front seat. Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, NJ, their valets had my car running for hours while they took naps on the back seat, played with the radio, and helped themselves to the goodluck money in the ashtray.

and your not in jail for murder why?:confused:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Because I don't like having to smash someone in the jaw with a snapple bottle :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol:

your stalking me too!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Valet's only park my rentals. No a$$hat is driving my leggy.

I wouldnt worry to much about your clutch. If anything it will be your E-brake you have to worry about.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I finally lost it on someone tonight. Some ******* in an Excursion flew through a stop sign at over 30mph, while I had just started up at the 4-way stop intersection. There was no one coming the other way, so I swerved away from him, hopped a curb and stopped in some unlucky person's yard. What pissed me off so much is that my girlfriend was in the passenger seat and could've been badly, if not fatally, injured. So I did what she hates, and followed him.

About 5 minutes later he stopped at a gas station, so I pulled in also. I guess he didn't notice I was following him? I went inside, got a Snapple in that wonderful glass bottle, went back outside, walked up to him and just smashed him in the jaw with it. Then I punched him in the stomach, got in my car, and left.

The area wasn't well lit, and I didn't see any cameras, and the gf says she didn't see anyone take down my plate #. I was wearing a hat and a hoodie that covered a good deal of my face, so I don't think the camera inside got me either.

I've only seen a couple people in my life just snap because of something that happened while driving. I never thought I would do it myself, I usually call the police and report reckless/drunk driving, and say there are children in the car. I'm just stunned and sort of in shock right now.

CN: I actually hit some guy in the face with a Snapple bottle because he almost sideswiped us by blowing through a 4-way stop at 30mph.

So what would OT have done?

for your convenience. I think that's funny as f0ck.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Cam : Not here.

Cam : We're not leaving the car here.

Ferris : Why not?

Cam : Cos we're not. I want the car back home where it belongs right now.

Sloane : Cameron, what's going to happen to it? It's in a garage.

Cam : It could get wrecked, stolen, scratched, breathed on wrong, a pigeon could shit on it. Who knows?

Ferris : Would you calm down, I'm gonna give the guy a fiver to look after it? (to garage attendant) Hi how are you doing? Do you speak English?

Garage Attendant : Err, what country do you think this is?

Ferris : Listen, I want you to take extra special care of this vehicle. See what a Finski can do to a guy's attitude.

Garage Attendant : You fellas have nothing to worry about I'm a professional.

Cam : Professional what?

fly.jpg.7bc5a42e3c67ec0465dc2015b87aef44.jpg

parkppl.jpg.f05135e3321e4e436bb282e837812e4f.jpg

Archived