LegacyGT.com

Who needs installs done?

whitetiger

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not that familiar with brack pad compound but as far as lines go, i like the way the goodridge lines fit the best. I have the goodridge lines and Cobb pads on my car.

but you have a gt. i wonder how much they differ?

i found a thread for the hawk pads.

seems people are waiting for the rears to come out

i have 20,000 miles on my rotors. will the surface have to be "scuffed" for better embedment?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23760&page=3

and i read posts in the past that some opinions stated that for street use you really don't need the mutol brake fliud because you don't reach the same temps as for autocross?

looks like techna fit brake lines may work but not the others.

emailed..awaiting response from them.

and nobody has the rear brake pads yet but the fronts would work.

emailed hawk

I used the Technafit Lines and my Mechanic complimented them , if that means anything to you. Bobcats seem a little rough, but do stop nicely.

Denial is your best friend

I thought the rear pads were the same on the 3.0R as the 2.5GT

don't know still awaiting info.

on dry pavement you can press hard on the brakes and it doesn't hit the abs. it just comes to a slow halt with the pedal mushing down.

in wet the abs comes on quick.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks again, whitetiger. he completed an sti UP, cobb DP and suspension swap in 4 hours. he also has a nifty trick to do the UP install without lifting the engine. the power is absolutely infectious and i've reached my power goals (faster than my stock STI). he's a great guy. hopefully he'll have more install availability in the future!

thanks again, whitetiger. he completed an sti UP, cobb DP and suspension swap in 4 hours. he also has a nifty trick to do the UP install without lifting the engine. the power is absolutely infectious and i've reached my power goals (faster than my stock STI). he's a great guy. hopefully he'll have more install availability in the future!

What was the trick?

Might be a stupid question but can you do the Jazzy aux in mod? I dont know if you do audio work or not. If you can then I have that and a couple other little things that I need installed. I'd be interested on 7/15. I'll pm you with the exact things i need put in.

Archived