LegacyGT.com

Who needs installs done?

whitetiger

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
So far, only 1 person will/has taken advantage of my offer. Anyone else?

I'm interested. I live in Passiac county so I'm close. I'm going to be buying the performance gauge pack within the next week or so. I imagine you could install this? I rather have you do it than the dealer. Let me know. Thanks. ~ Gary

shouldnt be too hard to do the gauge pack. Just alot of wire routing and dash removal i suspect.

Yeah the service guy at the dealership said it would be 5 hours labor. Dont know how much truth that is but I guess it could be. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks~ Gary

Whitetiger,

Do you have the capability to replace the front lower rear control arm bushings? I'm told they require a hydraulic press to get them out/in... also an alignment afterwards. Anything else I would need to replace them, besides the bushings themselves?

I got a wedding in April so don't have much time right now to meet up this month.My father in-law works for Anhieser Busch so I got the BEER for free. I would like to meet up sometime though Im thinking of SWAYS and clearing headlights. I live in Hoboken so this would be great for me.

Denial is your best friend

Yes, you need a press, which i dont have, for the bushings in the control arm. Swaybars are no problem. Clearing headlights im a bit weary of since i dont have a heat gun, so id have to put them in the oven. Never done that before but if you trust me to do those, i will. as for 5 hours of labor i say bah. I bet i could get it done quicker. trust me, dealers always over estimate that stuff. your average dealer rate is 87-92 dollars an hour. So they are charging over $430 to install those gauges. Ill do it for less than a quater of that.

Yes, you need a press, which i dont have, for the bushings in the control arm. Swaybars are no problem. Clearing headlights im a bit weary of since i dont have a heat gun, so id have to put them in the oven. Never done that before but if you trust me to do those, i will. as for 5 hours of labor i say bah. I bet i could get it done quicker. trust me, dealers always over estimate that stuff. your average dealer rate is 87-92 dollars an hour. So they are charging over $430 to install those gauges. Ill do it for less than a quater of that.

Consider it on like Donkey Kong then! Like i said I'll be ordering the gauges in a week or so (just waiting for my tax return to come back). Thanks~ Gary

no opinions, have no experiance eith them. so far ive installed STI pinks, ions and ksport coilovers. Im a fan of coilovers. i think our stock shocks are too soft to control the spring force. But i can put on whatever you want.

Just got done installing mudfoot's springs and UP/DP. Who's next?

damn, you just found your part-time job haha.. i'm a tech for mercedes-benz.. so i can't take advantage of this forum like you are.. and the benz forums aren't as great as LGT Forums :lol:

Archived