LegacyGT.com

Got my new Baby

Got it a few days ago. Thanks to everyone here I got just what I wanted and did a few quick changes to improve the looks. I tinted the side back windows, rear, and sunroof. 50%, 35% and 20% tint. I also de-badged a few thing in back. I painted the back mufflers with a high temp flat black paint. Waxed everything including all the glass with meguires NXT. I love this Car. I'm very impressed with the build quality. I can't find anything wrong with this car. I think they finally got it all together. This is a July built car and it doesn't seem to have the bugs that all the test drive cars had that I drove. It even seems to be sprung a little stiffer? I'm not going to change anything in that department. Love the quick throw shifter, very smooth, not notchy at all. Had a car load of 20 year olds giving me the nod and the thumbs up on the road the other day. Anyway, thanks to everyone again. [img]http://www.1001boats.com/pics/05Legacy.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.1001boats.com/pics/05Legacy2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.1001boats.com/pics/05Legacy3.jpg[/img]

The pictures were taken by Santa Cruz, CA. The tint was $185 for 6 windows (5 plus the sunroof). BTW, I got the car for invoice plus $100. REAL invoice (like edmunds) with no extra charge for advertizing. Took 8 weeks exactly.

[quote name='Legacy_Fan']The pictures were taken by Santa Cruz, CA. The tint was $185 for 6 windows (5 plus the sunroof). BTW, I got the car for invoice plus $100. REAL invoice (like edmunds) with no extra charge for advertizing. Took 8 weeks exactly.[/quote] I ordered my and am getting it September 20th. I also got mine for $100 over invoice, but had to pay the advertising fee here in the west coast. How did you avoid that?

Happy driving - yes it's a fun car to drive. BTW, I've noticed the exhausts on the US GTs are not as large in diameter as the ones in Oz. Mine are also more oval shaped. I can almost put my fist in mine! Just wondering. Might just be my eyes.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Good idea on painting the mufflers- did you use a spray paint, or something with a brush? I was thinking of using that high temp Barbeque paint.

[quote name='jedimaster']Good idea on painting the mufflers- did you use a spray paint, or something with a brush? I was thinking of using that high temp Barbeque paint.[/quote] It was a Rust Oleam high temp spray paint. I just used a little steel wool to clean it up and then put a thin coat on. It didn't make a big difference, just a subtle change. Now you see the chrome ends more and the shiny mufflers kind of disappear. [quote]Let me get this straight...you painted your mufflers? What on earth for? What's next, painting the drive shafts?[/quote] Good Idea on the drive shafts. I was thinking of Neon lighting :D

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']Looks good. :D I think I'm going to leave the badging where it is for now..[/quote] but why?[/quote] Because.

I always paint the mufflers and piping to keep the focus only on the tips. If an aftermarket exhaust has nice looking cans, I may leave them alone. Then I'd laugh 'cause I said 'has nice looking cans".

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']Looks good. :D I think I'm going to leave the badging where it is for now..[/quote] but why?[/quote] Because I'm too indecesive as to what I want to debadge. And if I take off the "Subaru" part it does look imbalanced, imho. I think I might remove just the 2.5 part so it says Legacy GT on the right.

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']Looks good. :D I think I'm going to leave the badging where it is for now..[/quote] but why?[/quote] Because I'm too indecesive as to what I want to debadge. And if I take off the "Subaru" part it does look imbalanced, imho. I think I might remove just the 2.5 part so it says Legacy GT on the right.[/quote] I guess my badges (as well as the several upon several JDM model cars) are imbalanced then. :P

Gee, I don't have this problem. The Oz version just has the oval and the Liberty badges. And here I was wondering whether to put extra ones, like a red GT. I don't think I will now - looks nice and clean. Actually, it's amusing to see some drivers come close up from behind me then just about to pass trying to figure out what type of new Sub car it is, then back off abruptly once they see the scoop. It's happened so many times. Perhaps they will come to realise the difference in the exhaust pipes one day - the GT ones are fatter.

Archived