LegacyGT.com

Lack of Manual GT's

Reagan

I live in Florida and have been trying to purchase a manual GT for several weeks. There simply are not any down here. Can someone explain to me how a company can go an entire month without cars? :icon_mad:

My local dealer finally told me that he is supposed to get new cars in by the 14th of March. By then the rebates may be gone. I could leave as well since I might just buy something else since I am so tired of waiting.

Anyhow, what gives with the total lack of inventory? Oh, one other question... why is the inventory list on the website so out of date? Each one is several weeks behind so I can't even search for cars.:confused:

Reagan

There's a pretty solid lack of GT's in general in the del-mar-va dealerships. When I bought my car, they drove it in from a dealership not on grid "aka internet" so it's inventory wasn't available to the search sites... go to the dealership you like best and ask them to search around for you.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Thank you. I am in central Florida (north Orlando). I had two dealers do searches and both told me that only one car was available and they were not sure they could get it. That was two weeks ago.

I am just not sure what is going on and why Subaru has such a shortage right now.

I would try doing some searching on the internet yourself as well, you may have a better go of it. The MSN auto sites, (sorry can't remember the link), Auto trader, etc. Since the MT Legacy's are harder and harder to find now because it has to be a 2005, you may have to increase your search area. I found an immaculate Regal Blue '05 non limited GT wagon with 5K mi. on it, (dealer demo), for $21,770 in Salt Lake City. I live 7 hours away in Portland, OR. A $180 one way ticket on Southwest Airlines later, the dealership picked me up at the airport at 10:30 in the morning, I was out of there by noon, and home by 9 pm that night. If you have a day or so it get away and the price is right, its worth the effort. You could even go this route buying from a private party as long as you've got a pretty good idea of what you're buying and have the general price worked out before hand. Good luck!

Thank you. I was excited when I saw your post. Unfortunately, their website demonstrates my problem. I searched Fitzmall.com in MD and they show 116 cars available. In Florida they have only 6 2006 models and none of them GT's. I just can't figure out why the rest of the country has cars and no one in Florida has anything.:iam:

shralp, good point. Maybe I need to look in GA somewhere. I am looking for an '06 so it doesn't seem like it would be hard to find one in a state the size of Florida. However, I am new to Subaru (or TRYING to be new to Subaru) so maybe this is normal and I just don't know it.

Dude, I had the same problem just before Christmas & ended up buying mine from Planet Subaru in MA. & having them truck it down. It was still less than the local guys would deal for! Corey's your man there, or his associate Jeff Fairbanks. Just be advised total trucking time is sloooow.

However, Friday I was at Subaru of Jacksonville & they had a dark blue 5 speed GT and I think one other. Call there ((904) 641-6455 & ask for Scott Bloyd, tell him Bob Rose sent you.:icon_bigg He's the internet sales manager.

I can't believe this phone call today.

Me - I have locked in on the color I want. It is the silver GT manual. Do you have a date yet of when you are going to get one in?

Salesman - Actually I just received several GT's today! pause, pause, pause. Except they are all automatic. I expect the manuals sometime in the next week. :icon_mad:

What a letdown!!! At least Jacksonville now has one (two hours away). If Jacksonville is agressive enough I will drive up there and get it from him. He is supposed to call me once he confirms March's rebates. If his price is not low enough, I will wait to see what deal my local guy does.

Thanks Opie. I had spoken to a guy named "Dick" prior to learning about this post. I called him when I read your PM. He said you had no silvers unless I wanted an automatic. If you hear anything, let me know. I was ready to buy three weeks ago. As soon as I find a car, then I just need someone to sell it to me for less than anyone has ever sold a Subaru before. :icon_bigg

Now I am wishing I had ordered a car. It would have been here by now. I have been trying to buy a silver LGT manual with no options for four weeks! You would think in the entire state of Florida sometime in the past month SOMEONE would have had ONE.

My local dealer has six on order and will be here "sometime" in March. Sheesh. I like the car but I don't think it is worth the ineptitude of SOA and them running out of LGT cars after their Holiday shutdown.

Hmmm... I wonder how the 9-3 drives?

4K above MSRP.... No wonder they still have it... They must be clueless.

They are clueless at William Lehmann Subaru... I took a buddy there to check out an automatic LGT and this Russian guy with his shirt unbuttoned to his navel (no doubt to expose his gold chains and chest hair) came out to "help" us. I asked him about the Spec-B and he said... "Ziss iss not car... iss boolett." :lol:

Then we went to test-drive the auto LGT and the battery was dead... took him twenty minutes to find a jump-starter... the car was filthy, too. I told him that he might want to make sure the cars start when people test drive them in case they don't have a friend who will vouch for Subaru reliability.

Idiots.

Archived