LegacyGT.com

Changed the tranny n diff fluid...

News to me- I tohught it was only for radiators.

It is. It's just like the soap on the IC is bad talk.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I should buy the Redline from? It looks like from this thread I will be going with the 75w-90ns (4 qts.) for the front and 75w-90 (1 qt.) for the rear.

What about brake fluid, anyone have any suggestions for a brand and supplier (and qty)?

The 75w-90 stuff is what I went with. You can probably see my pics above....

I bought all my stuff while i was in Reno, NV on business.

Summit Racing caries all that stuff in stock but you can just as easily order from them and have it shipped. I had trouble finding it local but sometimes places like Napa might carry it.

As for brake fluid I have not done that yet....was planning soon...maybe with new brake lines....

but I have decided Valvoline Synthetic is what I'll be using.

I'm not racing the car for another 5 years or so..... so spending a ton of money for what seems like little benefit from more expensive fluids doesn't make sense.

Hope this helps...

oh and I can't help but share my newest mode with you all...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1683252#post1683252

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Anyone using Mobil 1 75w90 Ls in their 5Speed MT ?

Should it be NS ?

From what I have been reading in other threads the limited slip friction modifiers don't work well with the synchros. I have a 4eat so I don’t have any personal experience with this. Hopefully one of the manual transmission guru’s could confirm this.

Archived