LegacyGT.com

MyReview: GT --> SpecB (Traded the GT for Spec-B)

Wow... I loved your Legacy.... But gratz on the Spec B. I agree with you about the floaty ride in the spec b, on my Spec b I put everything you could possibly imagine cusco for the suspension(sways, h brace, end links, rear lower arms etc) with STI strut bars and some swift springs. The car handles great now...

tHe HoV

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the Eyelids/DDEs were actually the hardest things to give up, I want to go steal them, they were a PITA to get. But I'll clear the headlights, install the Angels, and HIDs all in one swoop...but that will be after the power mods......

I was search'n for info to add to the info page (http://www.pimpmyauto.com/legacy.htm) on my site and came across this pic, I loved it

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2051102.003/2051102.003.mini4L.jpg

I want to see a rear lip spoiler on that car STAT!!!! :icon_tong

lip, grill on its way.........Rear lip gotta wait a week......Oh shit...here we go :lol:

RBS FTW.......Rommel is the man :D

My woman is gonna KILL me

Who's got a extra subie emblem lay'n around......anyone, anyone........buller

maybe im the first to say this, but i kinda liked the way your 'old' gt was(color matched with ill aftermarket parts). i would get that tingly happy feeling you get when you walk out to your driveway to see your Gt. i dont think i would feel the same way with a spec b.

the spec-b is still a nice car, but even with the sweet deal, i dont think i would have went from what you had to what you have now. all the same, i hope you have a great time with the new car and i can't wait to see what a beast you will make out of this one.

congrats on the deal. like everyone said, your previous ride was awesome. props for your website, helped alot w/ my xenon install this past weekend. can't wait to see what you do to this baby. are you gonna body color match the lip, etc to the specB titanium? can't wait to see....

That's legit, I agree with you......it looked perfect IMHO.....I like a good challenge though, we'll see if I can do it with this one ;)

tinted windows, STi pinks, a dark grey or black wheel with polished lip (yeah, I know you like silver but work with me here!!), F&R lip spoiler, JDM grill plus the headlight stuff and I'd say the new one could hang with the old as far as the 'clean' look. :icon_bigg

That is unbelievable, i cant believe you got rid of your GT... it's pretty awesome taht the dealership bought it with the Mods-- i wonder how fast they'll sell it - or what price they'll sell it for.

good luck with the new car, like PGT said -- it's going to be nice this time around already having done it once. You'll know what the avoid and what worked out well.

:)

I was search'n for info to add to the info page (http://www.pimpmyauto.com/legacy.htm) on my site and came across this pic, I loved it
If you'd like the high-res version of that image (without the JapaneseCarFans.com crap), then click here. If you'd like to download more high-res images of that same spec.B, then click here.

As much as I am outspoken against gray and silver... if you eliminate as much chrome from the Spec B as possible, and do either body color or black... it could look good.

Like this:

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/oda0012.jpg

damn everytime I see that pics can't help but notice that this bumper looks like BMW 3 ///M

two things: how's the NAVI system? intuitive? easy to read/use?

tell the dealer to make sure the buyer signs up on LegacyGT.com!

P.S. I'm thinking about doing the same thing for an '07 Spec.B

Nav is MUCH nicer then my old one, some might not think so but I think it's wicked easy to use, great layout, you can pick from 5 diff color schemes (one that matches the brick leather), when the map is displayed you can zoom in and out with the touch of the screen everything is there....There is a main menu to where you can do whatever you need....I think it's sweet.....I can hold and save trip information, gas mileage, time it took and you can compare if you save the ride home, to see the diff....

Also all the setup and display screens if you aren't display'n nav are pretty damn killer...the only think that's gonna get to me is I'm gonna wish I could display my boost, oil temp...ect....they should've built that capablity in....but who knows, maybe I'll play hack the software ;)

I love that I have a 6 disc MP3 player too.....so far that's my fav thing with the audio/nav setup....:lol:

As much as I am outspoken against gray and silver... if you eliminate as much chrome from the Spec B as possible, and do either body color or black... it could look good.

There's really not that much chrome on it, just really on the sideskirts, and honestly go look at yours, open the door and look down I bet they are hacked to hell. Mine where....I'm hope'n that these will protect it a lil.....other then that all the other chrome will be gone....

And keep up the suggestsions, My mind is still moldable on how to mod the car :D PGT's already got me look'n at powercoat'n my rim's....

As much as I like the stock rims, 18x7 is puny. I would get the 18x7.5 STi wheels:

http://www.intuitionperformance.com.au/tangcla/STIw.jpg

staight on shot, in case you want to chop them on ;)

http://www.intuitionperformance.com.au/tangcla/STIw2.jpg

Nav is MUCH nicer then my old one, some might not think so but I think it's wicked easy to use, great layout, you can pick from 5 diff color schemes (one that matches the brick leather), when the map is displayed you can zoom in and out with the touch of the screen everything is there....There is a main menu to where you can do whatever you need....I think it's sweet.....I can hold and save trip information, gas mileage, time it took and you can compare if you save the ride home, to see the diff....

Also all the setup and display screens if you aren't display'n nav are pretty damn killer...the only think that's gonna get to me is I'm gonna wish I could display my boost, oil temp...ect....they should've built that capablity in....but who knows, maybe I'll play hack the software ;)

I love that I have a 6 disc MP3 player too.....so far that's my fav thing with the audio/nav setup....:lol:

My biggest complaint with the Nav system is that it disables some of the functionality (basically inputting anything) when you start moving. I understand the safety concerns with this, but even a passanger can't enter information. I wonder if the disable comes from a signal from the speed sensor or from the GPS data about when you start moving?

I also think it's a big waste to not include more functional gauges in the information screen. Average and real time MPG? Accelerator percentage? I know the accelerator percentage, I'm pushing on the damn thing with my foot. It would be so much more useful to have a boost, oil pressure and EGT gauge. I wonder if it's possible to modify or upgrade the system. On the same vein, I've never had a nav system before, are there ever updated DVD's available or is what we have all we get?

I like that the headunit is MP3 capable, but I'm very disappointed with some of the choices made. You've got a 12 character display that can display the file name of the MP3 file but rather than using all 12 characters, you take the first 4 to continously display which CD of the 6 your playing. Also, the wheel controls are nice, but how often do you need a Mode button to switch between the radio and the CD player? How about a next radio preset button? Or jump to the next Folder on MP3's? Or jump to the next CD in the changer? And they include a mute button? The volume controls are right next to the mute button! It just strikes me that this was put together and never tested or given much thought about functionality. It's good but could have been a lot better, especially considering it's integrated into the climate control system and can't be removed or upgraded easily.

I love those rims, I wish my spec b would have come with those instead. It took me about a month to sell my stock spec b rims, I bought some WedsSport TC007 for winter rims(17x7.5). For the summer I got some limited edition gloss black/polished lip Volk CE28's(18x8.5) which I really would like to put on now, but I'm holding out until April when Hot Import Nights comes since my car will be in a booth.

tHe HoV

Yeah I agree with all the nav limitations stated above, but look at it from: if you had the standard LGT with non of these goodies, that's what I compare it to when I type away, I try not to compare it to the top of the line Navs, and lux. cars........it's all moving to the "safe" way so we can have these features....gotta give some to get some ;).....and I garuntee I will figure out how to put a switch on it so it thinks the car is in park, I did it with my last unit :D

Yes, you can get updated nav DVD's.... Ours are Current so that's cool, for my old nav it was $250 for a new version DVD......

As said, I'm look'n into hack'n the system to display- 1) Moives 2) Better Gauge options 3) Open all nav functions while moving. These projects are in the distance...but they are there. Perf/visual mods first ;)

Hovied, did you post any pics of your rims anywhere, I don't remember see'n them....fire up a few pics

Archived