LegacyGT.com

MyReview: GT --> SpecB (Traded the GT for Spec-B)

I havent taken any photo's of my car being that it looks like every other Legacy.... But I'll take a couple of photo's tonight of the car with the rims and the volks sitting next to the car.... I'll post them tonight or tomorrow.. I just hit 3k miles on it yesterday and have had it since october, woo hoo its a milestone.....

tHe HoV

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scans- First and foremost congrats! I was reading the spec.B registry to see if a certain number had been added and POW, there you was. I followed your updates on that beast you made and it really was beautiful. Can't wait to see what happens now...

Couple of random Q's: What's the dealer gonna do with your car? Did they have a buyer or are they just gonna showcase it? Any idea what they'll ask for it? Also, when's the Avatar update coming to refelect your new silver addition?:icon_bigg

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Couple of random Q's: What's the dealer gonna do with your car? Did they have a buyer or are they just gonna showcase it? Any idea what they'll ask for it? Also, when's the Avatar update coming to refelect your new silver addition?:icon_bigg

Thanx man, Dealer is gonna sell her AS IS, prob 22 - 24k ish, LOL, good call on the Avatar I'm wicked busy today but I'll see if I can update it :icon_bigg Oh hell I'll do it now......

And thanx twisted, I'll check it out see if I can find some info!

Also noticed something fun yesterday about the NAV. you DON"T have to be stopped or in park. Buttons will stay enabled until you hit 5mph, then they gray out, so it's connected to the speedo somehow is my guess.....it'll be fun to figure out when I have time....

I need to find the 06 spec B vacation pix......maybe I can convince my dealer...;)

^^^ BEAUTY! Well done Scans! Your photochop skills are money. :D So, semi-noob Q that I've been wondering... vacation pix? :iam: (<--- I also just like using that for random Q's :lol: )
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Vacation pix are well, all the tech docs and manuals for the whole car, go search'n

And......get this the dealer sold my other GT the NEXT DAY.......and said 40 + people have pulled over to look at it.......LOL (2 while I was there)

Oh and I dropped off the B and they gave me a 2.5i for a loaner......I might be nutz, but I like the setup.....handle'n that is. Power is no good, and after having the auto climate controls, I can't STAND the manual ones (which I though I would like better!

It's tight, not much body roll, not much nose play.....you can feel the road just enough......or maybe it's just that I drove home exhausted after my hockey game...who knows....but it made me want springs sooner then I wanted....:D

Yeah I was, all rested now.....I found the problem with my floaty B......Tire pressure was WAY low.....filled them up and bingo, felt much better....the dealership cars must have lower pressure from sitting around or something.....well 2/3 I have driven in the last week!

Holy S! I cant believe you got a Spec-B. No wait, I cant believe you traded your car in!! What was it, a month ago when I got the DP from you, I thought you were going to keep your car for a longtime after talking to you. It seemed like a never ending work in progress. Oh well, I hear ya on the 2 years thing. Ill be shopping in 07, I hope.. Too bad you didnt part out. It makes sense though to sell it as a whole. Easy for you and you got some good money for it.

Well, congrats man. Cant wait to see it at a meet. If you get tired of those wheels, let me know. Id buy em. I can only imagine what the "B" is going to look, sound and drive like this summer.

yeah, I'm nutz.....deal was too perfect.....:D

Another lil review comparison.......

We got 4 inches of snow yesterday.....

Old GT: 17's with Dunlop M3's --> Tank in the snow, unreal handl'n....could control it all.....

New B: 18's stock rubber --> I MISS MY M3's.....we had 4 inches and I was drift'n and slid'n all over the place it was fun as hell but I miss my M3s. I honestly can't believe the difference.....

Can you put M3's on em and use em as winters only? Im guessing your going to switch em out for something wider in the spring.

Next winter Im definately buying dedicated snows for my stockers. I was going to this winter but we never really got the snow to "make me" go out and do it. Lesson learned though..Even a few inches is a bit tough on regular all-seasons.

The stock RE050a's on the Spec B suck royally in the snow. I'm definately going to have to look at investing in a dedicated snow tire setup next winter.

There is no TPMS, the screen you saw is the maintenance screen. Basically you can tell it to remind you when you need to do something. Set the oil change for 3,000 miles and it will pop up on your screen when your 500 off and then randomally as you get closer to 0 to remind you. I think their's one for oil changes, check tire pressure, timing belt and one other.

I could have sworn I heard that the 06 Spec B had TPMS, and was the only other car to get it, besides the Outback VDC for 2006.

Interesting that it isn't there. Although I am not all that dissappointed, considering what is sounded like it required to rotate or change the tires. IIRC, you had to take it to the dealer to have them re-set the sensors to the Chassis Control unit... Major PITA...

Very nice car. Danny is a friend of mine and I went with him when he looked at the car. Nicely done and very fast. Looks like I'll be spending some time at legacygt.com from now on.

Shawn

Yeah good stuff, maybe I can hook up with the both of ya and check out your STi :icon_bigg

Archived