LegacyGT.com

orange rear blinkers

Billy Dagwood

For me, I like amber as sort of a saftey issue along with it looking better. When I think red blinking, I think brake lights, not really turn signals.

Where in Annapolis are you? I'm up there pretty often, I just passed a Dark Blue LGT on Cape St Clair Rd earlier today.

Ok, I gotcha. I think having just one color makes it look much cleaner.

I'm actually from Odenton, but work in Annapolis. It could have been me. Aftermarket rims on the car?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's not so bad on the Legacy but one thing i really hate... which i tend to see on a lot of domestics...especially suv's is when the brake and blinker are the same. when they brake you can't see they are blinking or they have one tail light out and they brake on and off like normal people do and you think they are signaling. grrrrr.... i much prefer amber turn signals because if you see amber... you know they are signaling.

Amen Brother. I really hate that. Expecially on the domestics, they are the worst that do this. I have that situation on my baja right now. I really don't know why subaru did that, and had planned on trying to come up with a way to change it, but didn't get to it. But the baja is tuns better than the domestics.

I would definatally be down for a group buy if the price is something like $200, i think.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

btw, here's me:

Wow, nice!! May have been you, you were going the other direction and didn't get a look at the wheels in motion. I'll keep a look out though, if you see a White GT with halos around, hollar!

The first thing I did when I picked up my BRAND NEW 64 Porsche 356C was to change to amber turn signals. I think it cost twenty bucks from Porsche North East. Ah, the old days!!!
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Yes bmorrisj, this is true. The rear turn signals do have red lenses. However, I noticed many cars. Volkswagens in particular that have rear turn signals with red lenses, yet some how they mysteriously light up orange! Exactly how does that work?

• 8 months later...

Hello all - sorry to bump this old thread.

I'm very much a noob to this sort of thing and am very interested in getting the amber lenses for my rear turn signals (when I get the car)...

I see the letters JDM but anything Google pulls up is mostly Honda stuff - and the only Subaru stuff I can find is engines... :confused:

And after about 10 minutes of searching this is all I could find:

http://www.japangeneraljdmmotors.com/lights.htm

JDM = Japan Domestic Market

USDM = US domestic Market

CDM = Canada Domestic market

and so on.

you can find a lot of good parts from Japan at http://www.japanparts.com, I think I got it right. I want them as well, but just can't afford that much for an astetic thing right now.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Well - for me it's not for aesthetics... But it's functionality. I can't count on all my extremeties how many times I didn't notice a blinker until a car was half in my lane because it was red instead of orange (in stop and go traffic).

I think orange rear blinkers will allow me to change lanes easier - because people will see that I have my blinker on much easier. :) Orange stands out more.

Yup, red blinkers should be delegalized. And they are by ECE standards.

Not to mention combined brake and turn signal lamps! Hate that and don't understand why this ancient approach is still legal and used.

Yup, red blinkers should be delegalized. And they are by ECE standards.

Not to mention combined brake and turn signal lamps! Hate that and don't understand why this ancient approach is still legal and used.

That and subaru use the combo break lights and turn signals on the baja and the tribeca.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

That and subaru use the combo break lights and turn signals on the baja and the tribeca.

Some retard must have thought it is cool, plus saves cost of two bulbs.

I guess the approach makes sense in the US, where huge percentage of drivers don't use turn signals anyway.

That and it has been cheaper when adding the wireing for a trailer hitch. Now with the new Hitch harnesses becomming standard, combining the lights is going to become more expensive. USDM = price drives everything. JDM = consumer drives everything.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

just curious..would there be anyway to remove the portion of the tailight that covers the blinker portion and then install an orange bulb cleanly?? I would think with people clearing their headlights that someone would have found a cheap way to mod the rears for the oposite effect (adding orange instead of deleting it)

just curious..would there be anyway to remove the portion of the tailight that covers the blinker portion and then install an orange bulb cleanly?? I would think with people clearing their headlights that someone would have found a cheap way to mod the rears for the oposite effect (adding orange instead of deleting it)

you can't bake the rears, and with the red lenses, you can pretty much forget about an amber bulb emitting amber light.

.. right?

Here is the aswer to your question:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48426&highlight=led

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived