LegacyGT.com

orange rear blinkers

Billy Dagwood

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Just picked up my first car .. atlantic blue 05 LGT 5MT. So far it's great. Only two things i'm not crazy about:

1) premium gas only! (ah well .. )

2) the red blinkers in the back. Can anyone think of an easy/non-invasive way to make them yellow/orange? A friend of mine mentioned I might think about putting green bulbs in there. Anybody know if this will work, and, if so, what kind I should get, and where?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, I like amber as sort of a saftey issue along with it looking better. When I think red blinking, I think brake lights, not really turn signals.

Where in Annapolis are you? I'm up there pretty often, I just passed a Dark Blue LGT on Cape St Clair Rd earlier today.

Opie what didn't you like about the JDM light?

What do you mean? I love the look of the JDM rear tail lights. Japanparts.com excellent customer service sent me an extra set because the first set had some minor damage during shiping. I used some parts off my original OEM lights and repaired the damage so I had an extra set to sell.

Mine are still installed! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, why do you dislike Red - just curious?

G

it's not so bad on the Legacy but one thing i really hate... which i tend to see on a lot of domestics...especially suv's is when the brake and blinker are the same. when they brake you can't see they are blinking or they have one tail light out and they brake on and off like normal people do and you think they are signaling. grrrrr.... i much prefer amber turn signals because if you see amber... you know they are signaling.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I definitely like the look of the JDM tails on both the wagon and the sedan. I think one or more of our Australian brethern volunteered to do a buy for those interested in getting them from down-unda.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well, not that I've ever done this before, but I imagine the first step is gauging interest .. so I'll put you down for now for a yes, making 2 so far

(for what it's worth, as I don't consider this something necessary for the car, the deal is definitely a factor for me, too)

it's not so bad on the Legacy but one thing i really hate... which i tend to see on a lot of domestics...especially suv's is when the brake and blinker are the same. when they brake you can't see they are blinking or they have one tail light out and they brake on and off like normal people do and you think they are signaling. grrrrr.... i much prefer amber turn signals because if you see amber... you know they are signaling.

This is one of the most annoying things I see on domestic cars:icon_mad: I think in certain situations its extremely dangerous.

This is one of the most annoying things I see on domestic cars:icon_mad: I think in certain situations its extremely dangerous.

Yes it is, especially when I'm on my motorcycle. I really wish that all manufactures would use amber turn signals.

Am I right in assuming the Canadian Legacies have the same tails that we do (as opposed to the JDM tails)?

I was just looking over the Canadian site .. it beats the ____ out of the US site, especially the microsites.

www.subaru.ca

Canada has optional remote start for M/T!!!! WTF???? $369.00 US, I would have bought that!

Archived