LegacyGT.com

orange rear blinkers

Billy Dagwood

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so in other words..no can do with the factory setup..just not ready to drop a few hundred bucks to rectify this problem, but as others have noted, i prefer the amber as it makes what i am intending to do undeniable since amber only means turn.

Ok, checked out the 2nd link (didnt realize it was a different one at first) and liked what i saw aside from the blinker speed and the overall brightness (though that could have been from the angle and video quality).

I don't think JDM is the way to go....

Japan.

http://www.crawspace.com/web3/legacyrearjdm.jpg

Europe (well, Germany at least... I couldn't get the subaru.co.uk site to work right)

http://www.crawspace.com/web3/legacyrearde.jpg

US

http://www.crawspace.com/web3/legacyrearusdm.jpg

I think that anything done to make an orange blinker will have to be custom done unless I want to get a new bumper. :(

I think that anything done to make an orange blinker will have to be custom done unless I want to get a new bumper. :(

Like sebberry indicated, you're comparing the wrong JDM/EDM model years to the USDM Legacy. Check out this thread for the JDM tails that have an amber portion and fit our cars;

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26017

-Mike-

replaced the top two bulbs with 4-wire bulbs(hi/low lust like the bottom bulbs) and just use the low output and use those as markers(off of the wires for the bottom bulbs)

wired small amber bulbs to the turn signal wires, pull out the metal tab, stick the bulb in the hole and i sandwiched the bulb under the tab....

no close up pics yet... i need brighter amber bulbs tho...

• 5 months later...
replaced the top two bulbs with 4-wire bulbs(hi/low lust like the bottom bulbs) and just use the low output and use those as markers(off of the wires for the bottom bulbs)

wired small amber bulbs to the turn signal wires, pull out the metal tab, stick the bulb in the hole and i sandwiched the bulb under the tab....

no close up pics yet... i need brighter amber bulbs tho...

sorry to bring up this old thread but i'm very interested in doing what you did if that actually works out nicely for you. i like the JDM tails but am not ready to spend $300 yet. pics would be nice too. also it appears in your vid that they flash more rapidly than normal, is it because you don't have load equalizers and the computer thinks your bulbs are not present?

o nvm, i got it. so did you have take to out the entire housing to slide out the metal tab? if so, how difficult was that?

ok, i actually went out to my garage to look at the tab that you were referring to. so there's a square tab above the reverse light but it's perpendicular to the original hole for reverse bulb. how did you manage the "sandwich" another (amber) bulb there? i think a pic would clarify that perfectly.

so will these work for this mod:

amber bulbs to be sandwiched under the tab

brake light bulbs to replace the OEM red bulbs in top section of housing

ohm resistor to prevent rapid flashing

so will these work for this mod:

amber bulbs to be sandwiched under the tab

brake light bulbs to replace the OEM red bulbs in top section of housing

ohm resistor to prevent rapid flashing

i have LED front corners..... no load balancers

also i kind of rewired it again...

the tops are 4 wire bulbs using only the low filament for markers. a two wire bulb is too bright...

the bottoms are 4wire bulbs and all 4 wires are lit only with the brakes

also, the wires on the bulbs are just wrapped to the opposite side.

so the tops are dim all the time, and the bottoms only come on with the brakes and bright... the ambers are still in the center...

the ambers are in the center but they're pointing down rather than pointing out like in most cars, correct? i looked at it more carefully but i had a hard time "sliding" the tab out. i have an 07 so i dont know if subaru has changed it.

Archived