LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing coilovers are here!

Boostjunkie

Production prototype means the first unit that was built by the factory. The assumption is that it will fit and look fine, but if tweaks need to be made we'll modify this piece and send it back to the factory so that changes can be implemented into the production run.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from Megan right now. News on both fronts :icon_bigg The coilovers are coming in middle to end of next week. I'll be posting a group buy for them in the group buy forum.

The prototype catback in on my car now! I have pics that I will post in a new thread. It needs a little bit of tweaking here and there and all the changes that need to be made have been noted. There is currently some mild interference between a flange and a heat shield on the midpipe and the mufflers will be repositioned upward about 1" to better fill out the bumper cutouts. In addition, the tips are currently 2" in diameter and that will go to 2.25" and they will move about .5" closer together. I wait to post my impressions on loudness till after a couple days to allow the muffler packing materials to settle, but right now the idle is quiet but boxer burbly, and at WOT it makes a lovely rip!

BTW, I am now also the exclusive master distributor for all LGT Megan Racing products. So for any retailers looking to carry these products, PM me for the details. I'll be sending Tide a PM to get vendor status on this board as well. Cheers guys!

:woowoo:

Just got back from Megan right now. News on both fronts :icon_bigg The coilovers are coming in middle to end of next week. I'll be posting a group buy for them in the group buy forum.

The prototype catback in on my car now! I have pics that I will post in a new thread. It needs a little bit of tweaking here and there and all the changes that need to be made have been noted. There is currently some mild interference a flange and a heat shield in the midpipe and the mufflers will be repositioned upward about 1" to better fill out the bumper cutouts. In addition, the tips are currently 2" in diameter and that will go to 2.25" and they will move about .5" closer together. I wait to post my impressions on loudness till after a couple days to allow the muffler packing materials to settle, but right now the idle is quiet but boxer burbly, and at WOT it makes a lovely rip!

BTW, I am now also the exclusive master distributor for all LGT Megan Racing products. So for any retailers looking to carry these products, PM me for the details. I'll be sending Tide a PM to get vendor status on this board as well. Cheers guys!

â—‹ â—‹ â—‹

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: â—‹ â—‹ â—‹

I am a total noob so how do these compare to like tein basics? Pros cons?

They are around the same price so I thought I would ask

The Tein Basics are exactly that... basic. They are non-adjustable shocks with a threaded body so the spring perch can be moved. This will change the ride height, but also the preload at the same time. They reuse the stock top hats, so you do not get the camber adjustability. The MR's are 32 way adjustable, offer height adjustability independant of preload, have pillowballs front and rear and have front camber plates. The Teins are also twin tube shocks and the MR's are monotubes. In general monotubes are considered better in high performance applications, although there are a couple exceptions.

Considering that the MR's are about the same prices as the Teins, it kind of a non-brainer.

^ basic's are softer

the shock is matched to the spring. They give a comfortable sporty ride.

MR is more adjustable to how you like it. However, given that the basic re-use the stock top mounts, I'd guess basics to be more comfortable than MR's. Though I hear MR's can be resonably comfortable as well.

• 11 months later...

How does the car handle with the ride set that low? I presently have H & R lowering springs (with Perrin anti sways) which I'am about to rip out because although they handle vvery amazing.... the H & R's have removed any dampening past 1 inch. And i f I hit the smallest pothole... I wonder if I bent a rin! I think I might replace with these. Please advise how they handle ion NON TRACK USE!

I just want a nice firm ride without rim bending harshness.

How does the car handle with the ride set that low? I presently have H & R lowering springs (with Perrin anti sways) which I'am about to rip out because although they handle vvery amazing.... the H & R's have removed any dampening past 1 inch. And i f I hit the smallest pothole... I wonder if I bent a rin! I think I might replace with these. Please advise how they handle ion NON TRACK USE!

I just want a nice firm ride without rim bending harshness.

Holy thread resurrection! :eek: The MR coilovers should suit your needs very nicely. The problem with using lowering springs that lower the car too much on your stock shocks is that you end up with very little compression travel. You end up literally riding on a semi compressed bumpstop just under the static weight of the car. Coilovers with independant height and preload adjustments (like the MR's) allow you to lower your car while retaining compression travel.

Archived