LegacyGT.com

should i be impressed? Lincoln LS

we were both at a light to get on the on ramp for the highway.... i love this light because i like to see how fast i can get the 75 which IS THE SPEED LIMIT HERE!!!! well this lincoln ls must have had the same thing in mind... i darted out about 3/4 car length and he quickly caught me....i hope it wasnt the V6 that did that i would be disappointed!!!

hope this doesnt violate the rules i let off the gas when i hit the speed limit!!!!!

I drove a late model LS V-8. You can't get a manny in it, and they phased out the MT in the 6 as well.

Firstly its a wicked gas hog when stomped. The LGT is frugal by comparison.

When stomped it seems to accelerate well, but in fact what you'd be getting is a lot of V-8 noise without equal forward thrust. On a full throttle test run a Toyota Avalon paced me without any sweat at all.

The seating comfort in front is non-existant for both driver and passenger. The ride is unduly harsh. The grainy plastic used on the dashtop is unbelievably cheap looking. The stereo sucked. The brakes pulsated badly when braking from 90 or above but strangely didn't from below that. And the dash design//ergonomics is truly Lincolnesque old-fart design.

Standing next to it nice V-8 burble at idle though.

EDIT: I forgot to mention one of the most important problems I encountered- the 5sp automatic had a problem with upshifting in the lower ratios; it would bang shift sometimes. Regular gentle-throttle stoplight stuff. I asked the salesman about it and he said its "normal", they all do it. POS

Archived