LegacyGT.com

Will our insurance rates go up because of all the reckless lgt owners

geddyup

Have to crashed your lgt?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Have to crashed your lgt?

• yes
    • no

I was wondering if our insurance rates will skyrocket due to all the wrecks caused by horrible driving skills of the average lgt owner.

it seems like everyday there is another busted up lgt.

These forums are a very small minority of all LGT owners out there. Regardless, rates don't increased just based on the number of accidents. It is based on the cost of repairs, bodily injury costs, and several other factors. There is also a formula that is used to determine rates based on a car make/model. Then add to that individual driving records.

Don't worry about it...

-S

The rates are based on how many LGTs the insurance company covers. That is why rates are different depending on which company you go through. If everybody with an LGT who wrecks it has Geico, then every other LGT owner with Geico will pay for it while other's rates don't change.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I was wondering if our insurance rates will skyrocket due to all the wrecks caused by horrible driving skills of the average lgt owner.

I dont yet own a LGT (within the next 2-3weeks I will though), but I have run several VIN numbers for insurance quotes over the past several months. The legacy GT and even the Spec B are the two cheapest cars for me insurance wise by typically a very good margin (only a +$20 for the Spec B). Below is a list of the differences in insurance payments (per 6/mo) from the Legacy GT Limited that I started with. Same address and coverage was used for all.

Cars I priced:

Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Subaru Legacy GT Limited Spec B (+$21)

Honda Accord EX V6 (+$39)

Acura TSX (+$60)

Nissan Altima SE-R (+$86)

Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe (+$125)

Mazda 6 V6 Hatchback (+$186)

Acura TL (+$260)

Subaru Impreza WRX (+$360)

Mazda MazdaSpeed6 (+$425)

I know this varies a bit from insurance company to insurance company, but it sure makes the competition look even less valuable IMHO. Of all these cars, really driving wise the LGT seemed to be in a class of its own (although I really liked the TL too, but it's nowhere near as good a car for my money).

Edit: All the VINs I ran were on '06 models by the way.

Go Cardinals!

I'm not sure what's up, but my 6 mo. rate just went up $80 and I didn't do anything...!? My fiance's also went up recently.

I can't complain too much though since even after the +$80, it's only $485/6 mos for full collision and 500/250 liability. Still...I was hopeful it would go down again and registration on top of a rate increase is going to suck.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I beleive you're thinking of the WRX/STI drivers. :icon_bigg

There are probably far fewer reckless LGT drivers

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

• 1 year later...

I just traded my 03' Baja for the 05' LGT and my rates went up a whole $4 a year!

I'm not sure if they ding the Baja because of the 4WD truck status or what, but I was pleasantly surprised.

That's was icing on the cake for me when I was getting insurance quotes before I started looking for a car last summer.

I wonder what will happen if we keep smoking these young punks at the track. The might decide to get a Legacy and screw everything up. This is a family sedan. :icon_chee

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

• 2 months later...

I don't think so.

However my insurance premium just went up $90 recently. I haven't had any accidents or anything since the last premium I paid. I wonder if I should start insurance shopping to see if I can get a better rate somewhere else. Than again, my multiple policy discount would go away.

Archived