LegacyGT.com

Ugliest SUV on the road today

Hands down goes to the new attempt from Saab . Then the Pilot, then anything American.

I know I am going to get flamed for saying this, but I honestly think the Tribeca is one of the best looking SUVS on the road today. Up there with the RX330, MDX, Rovers etc.

I saw one in black today and the thing looks awesome. Nice sweeping/flowing lines, nice wheels and tires. Great fit and finish inside. It is really a nice vehicle, and it has grown on me. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but seeing them on the road is winning me over.

I may stand alone on this one, but I like the Tribeca alot. I hope they keep at it over the next few years because by then I will be ready for one. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then. If there is any.

I agree with you there, I am not an SUV type, thats why I got a wagon. But I do like the Tribeca, I think it was a nice effort by Subaru.

Of course there are things about it that could be better, but that can be said about any of the SUVS on the road. I just think the thing looks cool, and I like the front end. Looks great with the lights on.

I like the Tribeca too. If I had to drive an SUV (and I mean, had to) I'd really consider it.

My pop's Acura MDX is a great SUV for it's price too, even if it's a little boring to look at nowadays.

its funny u ask... i just was looking into consignment because of the horrible gas mileage it gets and the fact that i have only used the 4x4 like 5 times in the last year and 1/2.... they would get me $16000 with the 25000 miles i have on it so not that great at all o yeah it is a 2005...maybe one day we will get enough snow to use the 4x4

Yeah the Tribeca has grown on me, but I still feel the front end needs improvement. The Honda Pilot I wouldn't say is "Ugly", it's just boring. My wife wants an 06 Pilot in the worst way. I think the ugliest SUV on the road is the Pontiac Aztec.

AZTEC.jpg.5e962912c2df9187f33673d742582ffa.jpg

- The Mortgage Man

The new dodge durangos are hideous, second only to the aztec.

I like the Tribeca too, as long as you are on the inside. Whenever I see the front end though I gag a little bit. Maybe if the subaru salespeople blindfolded buyers until they were inside the tribeca they would sell better.:icon_tong

Ugliest has to be the Scion XB......sorry I don't care how much Blizing you put on the rizide......it is still a piece of Shizit!

As far as the Tribeca goes...the front is not the worst angle...it's the rear view:icon_eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Worst: (in slightly ascending order from the bottom, but mostly all just hideous)

Ass-tek.

Dur!-ango.

Rendeszvous.

Chevy trail-brazier, and almost all of it's derivatives.

Toyota Highlander. (bland turned ugly. Honda pilot is very nearly the same story, but Toyota is worse on this one.)

GMs new SUV-tastic vans. Horrible.

Saturn's Vue. All of them.

Benign Chewbacca. I am sorry but it is not right from the front or the back. (honestly, it might go more toward the "weird", but the schnozz is bad.)

Nissan/Infinity Armada (round roof on the front? WTF... Looks bad on truck and SUV.)

Weird:

Infiniti FX, Murano, most pac-rim car-based mini-utes and "cross-overs." New Explorer's chromey grille. Porsche Cayenne (again, doesn't look right, for porsche or for SUV.) Caddy SRX. H3 (butch, but small?) Jeep Commander. Jeep Liberty.

Good looking:

Xterra

X5

Volvo XC90

VW Touareg... better looking than Cayenne.

New Grand Cherokee SRT8

Range Rover

LR3/Disco

New FJ-cruiser looks nice from the outside...

And the best looking SUV:

Range Rover Sport, hands down.

(range stormer concept was even better... but we aren't talking concepts...)

Flame me, because I know you will!

I think that the Aztec can look pretty good. Granted it has to be one of the ones that has the color matched side molding stuff with the stock alloy wheels. I also think that it was a decent idea at the time. Think of it as an early "cross-over SUV", or GM starting to realize that wagon's aren't really a bad thing. It obviosly could have been better executed, but it was Pontiac in the early 2000's.

Otherwise, GIVE IT UP! That car was canceled in '05, hasn't been advertized since '01, and I'm pretty damn sure they only ever sold 10 of them, ever, anywhere.

Oh, and by the way I don't think the B9 is all that bad looking either!

Me? I hate the Porsche, it's just all kinds of WRONG. I also hate all HUMMERs, unless it's the military's HMMV used by the military then it's just a POSER.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Archived