LegacyGT.com

Best riding springs?

SuperhawkLGT

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
which springs are better as far as ride, cost, lowering height, warranty?

pinks, tein s, and these ion springs I just saw on here? They will go on the lgt wagon 5 mt, thanks for the info

A number of wagon owners (like myself) think the rear sags too much w/ the iON's. Ride is fine, but just doesn't look right.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21994

i'm looking at the tein H techs myself. mostly for the ride and handling over the lowering aspects. my hubby has the S techs in his car and loves them. the handling is also awesome, but i think it'll lower the car too much for here as it already sits lower tha my old one. i need the clearance with our weather and can't afford (don't want to spend) the $$ for coilovers.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

These are spring rates from devobuzz's research:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20198&highlight=spring+rate

Spring Rate F, R

Stock - 3.5, 5.5

Pinks - 4, 6

Progress - 3.5, 5.8

Swift - 4.25, 6.6

Ion - 4.0-5.2, 6.7

From reviews on this board, it looks like the H-techs might have the closest ride to stock. Swifts might be the lightest (hence good ride) because of the material & thickness they use. I picked iONs BTW (from group buy #3) because I didn't like the soft stock ride, which gives it excessive body roll. Therefore I got the stiffest springs available (I don't need coilovers); and it was great to find out that the ride was still close to stock (about 90%)! You just feel more when going over bumps or potholes.:icon_tong It was so wonderful to reduce nose dive (when braking) & rear squat (when accelerating) with these stiffer springs.

Oh, I can testify that there's really no rear sag from the iONs (at least sedan). I was worried to read some of the reviews about it, but it really doesn't look that way in person...:) I've had it on for just over 2 weeks...

Swift also supplies to a lot of other race teams for their designs.. so they have been in the game for a while.. the Swifts are also a good price... I dont remember if they are progressive wound or not.. but a progressive spring should give the car a very cushioned ride.
Keefe

These are spring rates from devobuzz's research:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20198&highlight=spring+rate

Spring Rate F, R

Stock - 3.5, 5.5

Pinks - 4, 6

Progress - 3.5, 5.8

Swift - 4.25, 6.6

Ion - 4.0-5.2, 6.7

From reviews on this board, it looks like the H-techs might have the closest ride to stock. Swifts might be the lightest (hence good ride) because of the material & thickness they use. I picked iONs BTW (from group buy #3) because I didn't like the soft stock ride, which gives it excessive body roll. Therefore I got the stiffest springs available (I don't need coilovers); and it was great to find out that the ride was still close to stock (about 90%)! You just feel more when going over bumps or potholes.:icon_tong It was so wonderful to reduce nose dive (when braking) & rear squat (when accelerating) with these stiffer springs.

Oh, I can testify that there's really no rear sag from the iONs (at least sedan). I was worried to read some of the reviews about it, but it really doesn't look that way in person...:) I've had it on for just over 2 weeks...

+1

Archived