LegacyGT.com

Best riding springs?

SuperhawkLGT

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is the price difference on the H-techs and the Swifts?

i rode in a lot of cars with the Htechs and Stechs with various chassis (from Hondas, Mitsus, to Subarus) and I feel that the Htechs aren't all that great (quite bouncy, or a lot of oscillations throughout the car, especially during a load and when you hit a bump in the middle of the turn, the car starts to do the hydraulic bounce.. I am definitely going for the Swifts (as they also supply the springs for Endless Zeal coilovers).

Keefe

man, I'm gonna be 2nd guessing any decision i make now. Htechs on ebay are $170(shipping included), I believe swifts are over $200. The thing that I've heard over and over is that Htechs are closest to stock ride. I"m not sure I understand what it means when someone says the ride is "bouncy". The stock ride is....floaty? I dunno...I"m really just going for the looks first and any kind of performance gain is a +. but I do'nt want to get springs that I willl really regret, b/c if I spend 170 and hate the ride and have to buy other springs..then that sucks more. So basically I'm still at square one. If only Ion's could be like 100 bucks cheaper, I think I'd have an easy decision.

what is the price difference on the H-techs and the Swifts?

i rode in a lot of cars with the Htechs and Stechs with various chassis (from Hondas, Mitsus, to Subarus) and I feel that the Htechs aren't all that great (quite bouncy, or a lot of oscillations throughout the car, especially during a load and when you hit a bump in the middle of the turn, the car starts to do the hydraulic bounce.. I am definitely going for the Swifts (as they also supply the springs for Endless Zeal coilovers).

Keefe, have you ridden in an LGT w/Ion's?

man, I'm gonna be 2nd guessing any decision i make now. Htechs on ebay are $170(shipping included), I believe swifts are over $200. The thing that I've heard over and over is that Htechs are closest to stock ride. I"m not sure I understand what it means when someone says the ride is "bouncy". The stock ride is....floaty? I dunno...I"m really just going for the looks first and any kind of performance gain is a +. but I do'nt want to get springs that I willl really regret, b/c if I spend 170 and hate the ride and have to buy other springs..then that sucks more. So basically I'm still at square one. If only Ion's could be like 100 bucks cheaper, I think I'd have an easy decision.

Basically my exact feelings, the only difference is that all the pics of ions i have seen the car doesn't look like it sits right. The Swifts were around $250 I think, but it sounds like they are on the stiffer side, which I don't really want. Who is in the Ma area that can let me ride or drive in their car for a demo???

I have a set of Ions and an extra set of rear spring seats. I haven't installed them yet. Some people have used these in the rear to give the car a better asthetic appearance with the Ions.

I also bought a second set of spring seats to go with my Ions (sedan). I decided not to install them and I think the stance looks fine.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Keefe, have you ridden in an LGT w/Ion's?

I havent yet but there are a few people around my way that have them and they are happy with what they have out of them. I am sure there's plenty of their threads that preach about them.

Keefe

My next step is to replace the stock endlinks with avo adjustable ones or poltecs.

Maybe by buying the adjustable enlinks and adjusting them and making them longer it might solve my problem as littlebluegt did.

PM Keefe (Xenonk). Tell him what your experiencing...he'll probably have a diagnosis.

Yeah...I actually did that when I first experienced this. He was under the impression the rear swaybar might have been installed incorrectly. He didn't think it was due to the Cusco Bar being faulty and I thought that was the reason so now I have the stock rear sway bar on it's still happening. I'm thinking it needs longer endlinks. But I will try keefe again. Thanks

My rear swaybar is hitting the control arm. I originally had the cusco f/r sway bars with stock end links. I thought maybe it was related to the cusco sway bar so I recently reinstalled the stock sway bars with stock endlinks but it's still happening.

Cusco Sway bars have PLENTY of room for clearance.. check your sway bar installation again.. I currently am running a Cusco (Vacanza) Bar with stock endlinks and they clear just fine, even on the "stiffest" setting they clear just fine.

Also check your RE-installation of the stock bar because when you FIRST bought the car, the stock bar never made any noises right? ;)

Keefe

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how much the Swift Springs drop the Front/Rear

Swift:

Front: 20-25mm drop

Rear: 10-15mm drop

Front: K=42.5N/mm

Rear: K=66N/mm

$500

Ion:

Front: 30mm drop

Rear: 25mm drop

Front (progressive): K=40N/mm (first inch of compression) K=52N/mm (by second inch of compression)

Rear: K=67N/mm

About $400

Swift:

Front: 20-25mm drop

Rear: 10-15mm drop

Front: K=42.5N/mm

Rear: K=66N/mm

$500

Ion:

Front: 30mm drop

Rear: 25mm drop

Front (progressive): K=40N/mm (first inch of compression) K=52N/mm (by second inch of compression)

Rear: K=67N/mm

About $400

Anyone have the same type info for the Tein H-techs and S-techs?

Archived