LegacyGT.com

What is the RUBBER BAND under my car?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well in attempting to add a picture I deleted my very long reply. Probably better that way.

Anyways you'd think someone who does training and sells computer software for a living could figure out how to add a pic to a freaking forum.

Please help... is there a way to do it without using a URL (signing up with photbucket) ... why can't I just paste it in here or attach it somehow...

any suggestions... I have the pic right here!

Thanks mccorry for the serious resposne. I guess it's bash on the new guy day.

Sorry I sold a kidney for this car and Im a little paranoid about it... sorry.

insert%20url%20here if you have it linked somewhere.

If not, in your reply go to 'go advanced' and then 'manage attachments'.

Don't worry about the humor....it's part of what keeps people coming back here. Peeps aren't bashing you, but just having a bit of fun given a unique situation.

really? In my 8K+ posts, I missed it. Jedi? Sanity check please?

Yeah since I signed up on this forum a week ago I've spent 8 hours a day trying to read every post ever written. So I am trying!

I already tried searching for the rubber band and found nothing but unrelated topics. (8 hours spent there)

On one hand I was curious as to find out how well the response would be to a NEW TOPIC and how quickly I could get help.

Now I know if I really did have a serious problem the response time by other members is fast but not always serious. :)

I know it's friday I'm not that sensitive and I enjoy some of the jokes.

However last time I checked I don't have that same rubber on all four corners...

RE050A... not sure if they are any better... treadwear is horrible but they seem to handle fine right now...

really? In my 8K+ posts, I missed it. Jedi? Sanity check please?

Here is a shot of one around the Clutch slave cylinder hydraulic line..... in the old CDV thread....

http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p42602215nv.jpg

On my car, I have found one there and also around the steering rack mounting bolts.

Yeah since I signed up on this forum a week ago I've spent 8 hours a day trying to read every post ever written. So I am trying!
Trying plus $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee. You've been here a week and you haven't read every post yet? You're obviously not taking your membership here very seriously. I don't see much chance of you making "member" when the next list of promotions come out, unless we see a little more commitment from you.

RE050A... not sure if they are any better...

They are better.

Regarding the photo upload...

You can upload it to this forum, but there are limits to its size and/or dimensions, depending if it's a bmp, jpg or png format image. Instead of using quick reply, click on "Advanced" and click on Manage Attachments. There you can upload.

You can also use various sites. I personally use imageshack. It's not perfect, but you don't have to sign up, and there's no limits on dimensions, only filesize (1mb max). It also supports copying images from other sites (just provide it a URL and there you go!)

Good luck!

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Just be thankful you got a high quality Japanese car with real, authentic rubber bands.........if you buy American they use old twist ties from expired loaves of bread.

Silly me. I thought the Legacies were built using American hands.

Guest *Jedimaster*
i'd like to know if this really has been covered before as Mccory said.

I will say that when doing my uppipe, I had a rubber band hanging out of the engine bay too. It was broken, and very very disintergrated. Just hanging there.

I dunno. I pulled it out, and i havent had a breakdown yet....

You got lucky, considering it's you :lol:

There should be 4 of these at each corner they are called the RE92s.

Those are the poorest quality rubber bands i have ever seen. My office max rubber bands offered much better wet and dry traction.

RE-92 Bashing FTW!!!

Ok so the picture worked. That wasn't hard. Just needed to be pointed towards teh box that says "GO ADVANCED"

Ok so here is what you see in the picture above. This right behind the oil pan.

Remember I was trying to decide between a nipple fumoto or a standard fumoto. There was plenty of room where the oil drain plug is so I went with the nipple fumoto.

Sorry for the quality if you knew how I took the picture you'd think it was a job well done.

I was laying on my back next to the car. (I'm too big to fit under the car without a car lift... I don't know how I'm going to change my oil without lifting it up)

I stuck my arm as far as I could twisted the camera around and started taking shots. I came up with this one which you can easily see the rubber band in the middle although the clarity isn't perfect.

Now again I wasn't under the car and I can't tell from the pic exactly wha the function of the rubber band is but maybe someone else willl have an idea.

I think it is part of the transmission mount.

Is that why cobb is selling a urethane one? The rubber band OEM transmission mount doesn't last very long?

On a serious note... anyone use the urethane trans mount? Is it a good replacement?

Archived