LegacyGT.com

What is the RUBBER BAND under my car?

Yes that's right. I have a rubber band holding something together under my car.

2006 Legacy GT Spec. B

I was looking under the car to see how the fumoto oil drain valve would fit and my flashlight came accross something that looked like a rubber band. Upon closer inspection I must say IT IS A RUBBER BAND. What could Subaru possibly be using a rubber band for? I'm hoping someoen else has come accross this so I don't have to take my car apart and put it up on stands just to satisfy my curiousity.

Keep in mind my car had 9 miles on it when it left the showroom so I'm definately the only driver/owner. I could not believe my eyes. I tried to take a decent picture but I did not have the car jacked up and it was very hard to get under there.

Can anyone explain what I'm seeing? Does anyone else have the rubber band? I'm hoping this isn't for real. I can't believe Subaru would use a rubber band for something but I can't really tell exactly what is is for unless I jack the car up and get my face right up in there.

Any help would put my mind at ease.

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How tightly is it wound? The more winds in the rubber band, the greater the turbo-boost, it could be that new MBC we've been hearing about.:lol:
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

How tightly is it wound? The more winds in the rubber band, the greater the turbo-boost, it could be that new MBC we've been hearing about.:lol:

It is Subaru's version of "HYBRID", but don't forget to wind that damn rubber.:lol:

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Guys... comeon... the guy has a serious question.

The rubberbands are used during assembly to hold loose parts together. They are left on after assebly... not a big deal.

They will eventually dry rot and fall off. They don't do anything and aren't "holding something together".

Removal of the rubber band could void your warranty be sure to contact your dealer first.

Audience: *cough*

Maybe the B in Spec B stands for Band as in rubber Band?:confused:

Audience: ...

There should be 4 of these at each corner they are called the RE92s.

Audience: *chairs sliding*

Erhhh... Tough crowd.

:icon_bigg You know I'm just f'ing with you.

i'd like to know if this really has been covered before as Mccory said.

I will say that when doing my uppipe, I had a rubber band hanging out of the engine bay too. It was broken, and very very disintergrated. Just hanging there.

I dunno. I pulled it out, and i havent had a breakdown yet....

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Archived