LegacyGT.com

Fuel tank and grounding in the trunk

wcbjr

Is the fuel tank under the rear seat? I need to ground my system in the trunk and want to drill into the side of the spare tire well. Just want to make sure not to drill into anything important.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I want the ground to be as short as possible. The amps are sitting on a carpeted board on top of the spare tire. I cannot run the cable under the trunk mat because it is a 0 gauge cable. So I want to have a 1-2 foot cable terminating on the side of the spare tire well.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I used a JL master grounding lug kit. I drilled a small hole in the lower edge of the spare tire well, all the way forward and to the left. Looking at Manville Smith's pics, that's where they did his car as well.

Oh...make sure you use a wire wheel and strip the paint down to bare metal. Also, a smear of silicone over everything (inside and out) should be used.

Is the fuel tank under the rear seat? I need to ground my system in the trunk and want to drill into the side of the spare tire well. Just want to make sure not to drill into anything important.

careful man, someone's fuel tank got drilled by his audio shop (do a search for teh whole story)..

This Space For Rent

Archived