LegacyGT.com

gimme that rex sound

I have very little knowledge about subaru's, and just bought my first ever subi a few months ago. Ever since my purchase, I've payed very close attention to every subi I see on the road. I've noticed that the WRX sti has a very distinct and sexy sound to it. Especially those with an exhaust. It almost sounds like a very low, very beefy tw0-stroke engine or something. When I first heard one, i thought there was something wrong with the engine because I'd never heard an car run like that before. So my question is what makes the sti sound like that, and would there be any way to mod my Leg GT to match or come close to that sound. Thanks.

It's the boxer engine that makes it sound different... changing your exhaust system will come close to that sound. Use the search button here for different thoughts / impressions. This is one good thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13096
"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Ah, Roo. T'was just yesterday that he learned the magic of the Search button, and thus has now passed the wisdom onto another new member.

Friends helping friends. It's what it's all about!

:wink:

Arrrrhhh to be sure to be sure me Captain.

Ye the search is me way that me crew can find there own way around this blasted Island........

BUT.... if you are STILL unable to find....

you will require a different Cat-Back to really bring out the sound, its the header that makes the sound.

Ada///M.

Arrrrhhh to be sure to be sure me Captain.

Ye the search is me way that me crew can find there own way around this blasted Island........

BUT.... if you are STILL unable to find....

you will require a different Cat-Back to really bring out the sound, its the header that makes the sound.

Ada///M.

hahaha...how did you type this with your pirate keyboard?

http://newsdesigner.com/blog/images/pirate.jpg

When I took my mufflers off all i heard was a jet sound coming from my exhuast hitting the inside of my mufflers. The idle sound was great until I hit the gas. Also...I thought the "boxer" rumble was more from the unequal manifold lengths?

When I took my mufflers off all i heard was a jet sound coming from my exhuast hitting the inside of my mufflers. The idle sound was great until I hit the gas. Also...I thought the "boxer" rumble was more from the unequal manifold lengths?

:confused:

If you took your mufflers off, how was the exhaust hitting the inside of your mufflers?

the sound is the combination of the boxer and the unequal lengths of each side of the exhaust manifold.

if you were to swap the OE manifold for equal length headers, the burble burble would go away. (you'd still get that cool porshe "tick" though :) )

dR

:confused:

If you took your mufflers off, how was the exhaust hitting the inside of your mufflers?

When you take your mufflers off...the pipes after the y are still there and are pointing up into the bumper area. At least they are for the sedan.

Chris

Archived