LegacyGT.com

Oil pressure gauge install, empty oil galley

Installed an AEM oil pressure gauge today in about 45 minutes. Used pro sport oil galley plug kit, and wired harness with a add a fuze tap off the cigarette fuse. Grounded it under the dash. Ran the wire through the firewall in the clutch grommet location since I'm 5eat.

Gauge is in center dash gauge pod.

Simple install, great alternative instead of using a sandwhich plate at the filter.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have their old galley plug still? would like to know how much thread engagement i have so i can design up a part to use. Don't really want to take mine out, measure, then put it back in. too many suspected issues to cause one more...

Also, for those that put their sensors where the OEM switch is, do you transfer the switch to the rear galley plug and reconnect it to the ECU?

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

I can check mine when I get home, pretty sure I know where it's at. From memory, it's about 5/16 deep.

I left my oil pressure light disconnected. If I wanted to have it again, I'd replace the stock sensor with an adjustable aftermarket one set to 15 PSI or so.

SO, my thought was to have one "custom" made since it's basically free to me, rather than paying for a part ($9 from Kinugawa, $13 from ProSport) + shipping, to save monies where i can for other parts i can't just make, but now that i'm looking around, you can get an O2 bung from anywhere and just drill it out and tap it for 1/8 NPT.

i've already got a bung plug at the homestead, so might try that.

just an FYI.

i'll probably also have a few "custom" made, just cause i can. i'd offer the extra's up, but the Kinugawa price is pretty low already....

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

• 2 years later...
SO, my thought was to have one "custom" made since it's basically free to me, rather than paying for a part ($9 from Kinugawa, $13 from ProSport) + shipping, to save monies where i can for other parts i can't just make.

just an FYI.

i'll probably also have a few "custom" made, just cause i can. i'd offer the extra's up, but the Kinugawa price is pretty low already....

Keep in mind the $13 INCLUDES shipping.

Archived