LegacyGT.com

Oil pressure gauge install, empty oil galley

Alright sounds good, I'm hoping I can just un screw the gallery screw in there now screw in the pressure sender and be done with it lol if not looks like prosport is getting a little of my tax return lol

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright sounds good, I'm hoping I can just un screw the gallery screw in there now screw in the pressure sender and be done with it lol if not looks like prosport is getting a little of my tax return lol

Since the galley plug is M18x1.5, a 1/8npt sender won't come clost to fitting. You are very optimistic considering there isn't one single 1/8npt port on the entire car. But good luck if you think it might fit without an adapter.

Edit: The galley plug is 1.8cm in diameter. Consider measuring your gauge sender threading before.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 4 months later...

1 check ground and other wiring connections. They need to be noise free, so ground to a clean chassis bolt or the engine. Also confirm your pressure line is un-kinked and no problems with it, or not to long...

2 Replace with an identical sensor.

3 throw away whole thing and get better gauge.

Follow steps. Goodluck.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

^ I should clarify - in my post above, the "+1," it was not directed specifically at ProSport, or any other brand/make of gauges and their senders.

I've seen all different brands, expensive and otherwise, fail.

What I meant simply was that the sender needs to be ruled-out, as a potential source of error.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

IMO id stay away from all prosport gauges. They are cheap yes but you get what you pay for. I had a set in my mazdaspeed3 and I had to replace the sensor 2 times and after it went out for the 3rd time I pitched the gauges in the trash and bought STRi gauges.

It always does get interesting when you get a few guys on any fourm ready to tell you how bad a product is :(

Its actually sad and one bad apple seems to ruin them all. You dont see the guys posting up how great the gauges are, only when people have an issue. and hey there will be issues thats why we are here. We have sold thousands and thousands.... in the hundred thousands of gauges since 2005, our return rate still sits under 1%.

I must stress that the guys who do complain either had the part installed wrong or a simple signal or ground was bad. once again, thats why we are here to answer you PM's Phone calls....and posts!

If anyone has any questions. Dont ditch the gauges. Call me up and i can help you over the phone.

Ryan

727-572-9011

IMO id stay away from all prosport gauges. They are cheap yes but you get what you pay for. I had a set in my mazdaspeed3 and I had to replace the sensor 2 times and after it went out for the 3rd time I pitched the gauges in the trash and bought STRi gauges.

The reason why are prices are so low is because we are the manufacture. We have a basic MAP program. Our gauges dont go through joe blow, the tony blow, then james blow.... Our company doesnt work that way. We keep the prices even and fair for all distributors.

Sorry our gauges Are not dimable LED's are very sensitive to Dimming. Anything below 10v the gauge turns off.

PWM perhaps? Just trying to be constructive, as I am selling my ProSport gauge for this reason, and nice small entrepreneurial ventures like yours should be the backbone of the aftermarket automotive industry, IMO.

Edit: I bought a PWM kit on ebay and was going to use a relay to switch on dimming with your gauges, but then I got a used Defi and that was that...

I am going to be installing my Defi oil temp gauge tomorrow in the galley port. I got the gauge and everything it came with... then the new threaded bolt and washer for the galley port. Do I need anything else?

It is debated whether you can get an accurate temp reading from the galley plug. You just need a male M18x1.5 to female 1/8bspt adapter, such as the one Subaru sells. That's it.

• 2 weeks later...

^I just ordered Prosport's new Halo boost and oil pressure gauges. I'll take a few pics of them turned on when they arrive, then a few more when I get my car back, to show how they look with the factory gauges. The red halo ring should match the cluster nicely.

edit: found pics here - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2059933&highlight=prosport+halo

edit2: The Prosports suck. They lasted about 5-6 months before they stopped reading and went out completely. Don't get Prosports.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

hey man just got a GS op gauge for the holidays nd was wondering if screwing the sender right into the galley worked or did u need to get a steel line for the galley to the sender? thank you

sorry to bring this back from the dead, im most likely going to get another glow shift gauge (oil pressure)

it comes with a 1/8th npt male sendor which is 2" tall, do you think i could get away with just unbolting the gallery allen nut and screwing that bad boy in, heres a link to way send comes with the gauge..

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/replacementeliteoilpressuresenderunit.aspx

• 2 years later...

I know that this thread has been pretty well discussed but I have an idea but want to ask people's thoughts...

SO, I have oil pressure and oil temp gauges that I'm going to install... I'm wondering IF I could use a T fitting in the galley port that's below the FMIC (the one shown at the beginning of this tread) and put the Pressure sender (ShiftGlow) on top of the T and the temp sensor on the other port of the T.

Any thoughts? The two biggest concerns that I have are clearance for the sender and is the oil temp sensor too deep to fit in the side of the T.

Of course all of this is assuming that I am going to use the galley plug adapter that goes from the galley port to 1/8 NPT...

1126192222_ScreenShot2015-04-25at8_19_58AM.png.5473df4100f936c0db01d90b33bc24aa.png

Archived