LegacyGT.com

Error HC car won't start pump won't prime and TB won't open with key on, everything else works, no short all fuses good. When I unplug every harness the cluster still shows my fuel level and the temp gauge Is maxed. I'm at my wits end...

I have a spare ecu and I disassembled the box under the steering wheel for the key chip and the round coil on the ignition, the ignition is riveted on the steering column but I will just get the end of and use a screwdriver with the key just laying in the ignition. But before I go further and install that I just wanted to hear from you experienced people. Thanks

Edited by LegacyLGT05

I had my evap canister deleted for a long time but a week ago I noticed the connector hanging behind my rear driver side wheel and I was reversing in snow yesterday pretty thick stuff. I ran over the connector and the connector isn't there anymore just bare wired and I can see they got fryed . Is this my problem and I can't seem to find the routing. I put new ecu in and BCM and my cluster says the same. And same mileage on diff ecu that's odd afk.  Only get power on one of the pinout on the main engine harness but every fuse in box has power... Will pay anyone for fix

I had my evap canister deleted for a long time but a week ago I noticed the connector hanging behind my rear driver side wheel and I was reversing in snow yesterday pretty thick stuff. I ran over the connector and the connector isn't there anymore just bare wired and I can see they got fried . Is this my problem and I can't seem to find the routing. I put new ecu in and BCM and my cluster says the same. And same mileage on diff ecu that's odd afk.  Only get power on 1 of the pinout on the main engine harness  but every fuse in the fuse  boxes has power

Start with all ground connections. You are on a replacement engine now right? I've done this kind of thing, and found loose connections that were my fault, and were causing hell with trouble codes. (I think a loose MAF sensor gave me a Err HC code once?) Clean up the contact points and make sure they're secure. If the wiring looks corroded at the end, you know it's not going to be doing a great job of actually, you know... grounding anything. Replace them if that's the case.

Then start checking everything under the hood, every connection you can get your hands on. Make sure they're all snug, including the main engine harness connector up by the turbo etc...

DeOxit is great for spraying into all connectors, etc... if there is any question about them being dirty or having some corrosion on the inside. It can make a huge difference.
Can you confirm that all fuses and relays in both of the boxes are known good? Some should obviously not have much at all to do with you CAN system, but still. I blown headlight relay shouldn't matter... etc.. There is a lot less CAN stuff on the '05's, so if you go through the FSM, that might help narrow it down. Google vacation pix on this site, and you should find a complete manual for your car easily enough.

This is basic stuff, but you have to start at the start. I really doubt the EVAP wiring is the cause of the problem, but who knows. If you have any other stuff "just dangling around below the car" at least zip tie it up?

• Like 1

Every ground is good I even added extra and new ones under the heads. new maf and stuff. The thing is I unplugged the main harness and there's no power in it at all just on 1 of the pins but the fuse box got power 😕

Pretty sure mileage is in the cluster, not ECU, so that behavior makes sense.

The replacement ECU needs to either have the eprom chip moved from the old ECU or cloned so that it matches the VIN number internally; have you done that?

The internal VIN has to match between the ECU, BCM, and cluster.

• Like 2

Yes also read that the mileage is stored in the cluster, got me confused ..

So I put the other ECU for the other car and the BCM and the coil chip reader on the ignition but not the cluster. so you're saying if I put the cluster it might b the error HC fix? But I don't get why I ain't getting power to the ecu or in the main harness in the engine bay.  Thx 

Can you take a picture of your main engine harness connector by the right side (passenger) firewall? If the connector isn't seated properly, you'll get issues.

Can you take a picture of the rear left tgv (driver side)? There should be two main grounds attached to an aluminum post. If these are gone or not attached you'll get issues.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fixed thanks everyone it was the hidden ignition relay " aka technically a main relay cause it was cutting the up power to the ECU. It's up in the dash by the passenger door and it was melted up, so I guess the evap canister electrical connector shorted and burnt the relay . Cheers y'all. Again . Great community. 

👍

Edited by LegacyLGT05
  • Like 2