LegacyGT.com

LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup June 7-9, '24 - Spare Parts and WTB Thread

boxkita

ECM 2024 in New York. Drive your LGT/OBXT a long ways and get parts when you arrive. Or get them before you arrive so you can drive it here.

Details on meet - https://www.legacygt.com/topic/139243-ecm-2024-planning-thread

@Enlight has tentatively offered to bring a full size truck full of subie parts. check out his shipping service for all your jdm parts

@m sprank has offered to put together a group buy on RA sb . need 100 buyers...

• Haha 2

for sale: running engine 

so I have a 180k mile engine sitting in my shop. it was running when it was pulled. then valve gaskets done, new hg, new timing belt kit, killerb pan/baffle/pickup added. still has turbo on it.

just sitting there. i should put it in a car but I just don't want to mess with another lgt.

13 hours ago, boxkita said:

for sale: running engine 

so I have a 180k mile engine sitting in my shop. it was running when it was pulled. then valve gaskets done, new hg, new timing belt kit, killerb pan/baffle/pickup added. still has turbo on it.

just sitting there. i should put it in a car but I just don't want to mess with another lgt.

I know I said I would go new SB...but this is tempting. What would the damage be for that? I still need to figure out how much I'd add on to my build in addition to the new SB to know what my running cost might be (i.e. do i keep stock oil pan, stock head bolts, replace the 265k oil pump, etc)

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

7 hours ago, jaylew said:

I know I said I would go new SB...but this is tempting. What would the damage be for that? I still need to figure out how much I'd add on to my build in addition to the new SB to know what my running cost might be (i.e. do i keep stock oil pan, stock head bolts, replace the 265k oil pump, etc)

Get head studs dude.

If you are sending your VF40 out to JMP (and getting the ‘custom’ level treatment I assume…) there is no way you’ll not want to wind that thing up on the tune to 18-20 psi.

I max out at ~16.5 psi on a COBB stage 2 tune, and it is hella fun. I want more, but my head bolts are already telling me ‘Fuck no!’

Do it once and do it right. Let that little monster boost away. You won’t regret it. I’m already planning to pull the engine for all that work. 😕

On 12/1/2023 at 10:22 AM, jaylew said:

This needs it’s own thread Jay… let all of us armchair engineers tell you how to spend your money. 😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KZJonny said:

This needs it’s own thread Jay… let all of us armchair engineers tell you how to spend your money. 😆

I'll get that started and tag those who will be helpful...leave out those who just want to see my wallet burn haha

• Haha 3

Steering Rack Rebuild

On 12/2/2023 at 5:21 PM, jaylew said:

I'll get that started and tag those who will be helpful...leave out those who just want to see my wallet burn haha

What about someone like me that wants to be helpful but also wants to see your wallet burn 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

On 12/1/2023 at 7:22 AM, jaylew said:

3500. shipping/pp extra

Well, how 'bout some actual "I wants it" items?

- probably going to get some JDM bumpers in through @Enlight's services prior to the meet, but if anyone out there has some in Silver Metallic they're itching to get rid of, I will take them this way too!

- Almost certainly don't need it, but if anyone has a relatively complete top-feed conversion for an 05, I might be interested. I've been putting off pro-tuning because of all the parts I have still sitting on shelves, but they should all be installed shortly with the car off the road. If I find out I need more fueling (probably won't, but hey) it would be good to know if there are any out there.

- manual differential cover for a 5MT, without chunks missing becuase of rust swell/DPO jacking up the car with the diff...  Got one at the scrapyard. A pretty beat up GT Sedan was there. Right colour, but it had lived an even harder life than average for around here, so not a lot that was salvageable on it... But, it is the R160 diff, and the cover was not busted like mine... Took or three trips with increaseingly more tools to drop the rusted up diff, but it is in the trunk now, and the cover is mine. $13 is not bad considering it was a couple hundo for a new one.

what else? List is getting pretty short, really... I might be getting close to being done spending bulk money on this silly car. 😆

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 2

@KZJonny Thanks for the shout out! Also, I have my old 650cc side feed setup that you can have for free if you'd like. I know you're looking for top feed but depending on your goals this might suffice. Also, @JJBerk and I will be attending @AZP Installs's 48 Hours of Tri-state this year, we will be headed to Subaru's Indiana plant from Philadelphia. It would be cool if other forum members joined.

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

13 hours ago, Enlight said:

@KZJonny Thanks for the shout out! Also, I have my old 650cc side feed setup that you can have for free if you'd like. I know you're looking for top feed but depending on your goals this might suffice. Also, @JJBerk and I will be attending @AZP Installs's 48 Hours of Tri-state this year, we will be headed to Subaru's Indiana plant from Philadelphia. It would be cool if other forum members joined.

Generous offer dude! I would be foolish not to take you up on that. (Stock injectors are 550cc correct?) I don't know what the JMP VF40 is going to ask for when pushed hard, and I think stock will do it (with an AEM pump, STi pump controller and 10ga wiring running the whole show...) but if I'm dangerously close on IDC, then those would almost certainly buy me all the headroom I would ever likely need on this car.

I'm not at all fixed on top-feed, and there is nothing wrong with side feeds, really, aside from availability... Having something drop in would be fine. It was more a matter of if I was going to a bunch on money on fueling, I might as well do top feed....

• Like 1

These Deatschwork 650cc's are what I was running for the VF52 before my tuner asked me to upgrade to 1,000cc, so I think it should be enough but I'm not an expert. I will PM you with pictures when I visit my mom's place. Do you have a place that can clean injectors nearby? South Bay Fuel Injectors is not far from me.

• Like 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

If @KZJonny backs out of the injectors, I could be interested, but first come first serve, they currently have his name on em.

Otherwise, if anyone has the new WRX 6 speed for a reasonable price, I would be interested

19 hours ago, boxkita said:

3500. shipping/pp extra

ill keep that in mind. the shipping and hassle to get it out here might be the killer but who knows as I tally up my engine build

• Like 2

Steering Rack Rebuild

I've also got a 3" AVO mid-pipe with silencer I'd like to unload. The silencer has a few dents from when I crested a steep ramp. It has a Toyota mass damper on it from when I was experimenting with eliminating drone.

midpipe.jpg.fa13307189602ccc18707545fc3e

spacer.png

spacer.png

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

4 hours ago, jaylew said:

Otherwise, if anyone has the new WRX 6 speed for a reasonable price, I would be interested

Oh! OH! One of those too!

Remembering the 2010 (?) Legacy ones fit as well, and seem to sell for less.

10 minutes ago, Code said:

Since this thread is already on topic, why go split-case 6mt?

Discussed at length in a few other threads. This isn’t the place to renew the discussion… in few words, direct fit, 1/3 the cost, sufficient for most users.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 4

On 12/6/2023 at 12:00 PM, boxkita said:

I have a set of 850cc sidefeed injectors that were cleaned. I never installed them. From sbt.

I just wrote Dave at Cryotune, to see if 

A - he will tune with bigger sidefeeds at all (I would think probably, yes...)

B - if so, which he would prefer.... I am quite sure that the 650cc would be all I ever need, but also, I will do what the tuner says. Not quite blind faith, but I think I would be in good hands with either Cryo or Tuning Alliance for my level of power.

I say this while I still keep my eyes open for a decent used VF52 to sent to JMP just in case I ever get the itch for more...🙄

8 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

I just wrote Dave at Cryotune, to see if 

A - he will tune with bigger sidefeeds at all (I would think probably, yes...)

B - if so, which he would prefer.... I am quite sure that the 650cc would be all I ever need, but also, I will do what the tuner says. Not quite blind faith, but I think I would be in good hands with either Cryo or Tuning Alliance for my level of power.

I say this while I still keep my eyes open for a decent used VF52 to sent to JMP just in case I ever get the itch for more...🙄

I haven't been able to max out my 740s with my JMP-52, I think 650s would be pretty close.

• Thanks 1

Probably right. Plenty of people out there running normal VF52s on stock fueling and a slightly conservative tune. I suspect that the JMP 'treatment' and billet compressor would push beyond safe limits.

I'll report back with what I hear. Perhaps smarter to stop chasing every HP and leave well enough alone. 😜

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update:

Cryotune does not want to tune larger side feeds. Seems for now the options are stay stock, install top feed conversion kit +injectors or buy a tactrix and start the long process of learning to tune myself...

I suppose "prefer not to" and "will not" are different things, and there are plenty lots of cars out there running around on side feeds, so I'm not entirely convinced by the arguement that they aren't up to the task of feeding the engine just fine, but what do I know. I have tunes precisely zero cars, and Brian has done at least hundreds, probably more. So I do not think I'd be confortable insisting on using the side feeds.

Decisions decisions. TGV delete would make all of this more managable by freeing an input into the ECM for live monitoring, but again.... nobody is doing that anymore either. Aaaanyway, not the place for that kind of discussion, but if anyone out there has any bright ideas on how to tune for/use good quality larger side feeds, I am all ears.