LegacyGT.com

Please help me figure out a rattle, I beg you

Happens between 2-3,000 RPM. Only when on the accelerator pedal roughly 2%, just barely giving it gas. Never changes in speed or frequency. Always the same rattle. Happens in any gear. 
Appears to happen only under load, but I can’t exactly verify it because when I’m neutral, to get it to those RPMs I have to be heavier on the pedal. 

Definitely not heat shields, those have been ruled out. 
Exhaust system has been smoke tested and has all new gaskets. Even then, I don’t see how exhaust would always be same frequency and speed. 
It does SOUND like an exhaust leak. 

appears to be coming from middle of the car somewhere. 

I do know there’s a small evaporator leak somewhere. Could that possibly be it? 

mom going absolutely insane trying to find this rattle. Dealer couldn’t figure it out as well. 

17 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

MT or AT?

Something loose in the bell housing perhaps?

If MT, failing spring or pressure plate rattling until pushed into place under load?

5MT

Clutch was just done 700km ago. New fork, spring, pivot ball, absolutely everything in there is new. 

Same rattle was present before clutch replacement. 

I'm throwing this out there since it happened to me. Do you notice any slight decrease in power? Is the rattle more quiet than loud?  For me my issue was a stuck waste gate. It was stuck slightly open bleeding off boost. The rattle was minor but I think it was the waste gate puck rattling.

Edited by devobuzz