LegacyGT.com

FS: PA N.E. 2008 Outback XT 5 MT LTD

bdcvg

That's why I used the word "close", I wasn't looking for an exact price. I know close means different things to different people...

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

5 hours ago, Max Capacity said:

That's why I used the word "close", I wasn't looking for an exact price. I know close means different things to different people...

Same.  I asked for "ball park".  I realize someone might not want not disclose exact amounts for their own reasons.

No I'm cool with it. I only got 10k but it went to another Subbie Guy. He has an 08 Outback that is same color a manual and is N/A so now He has a matching set. He wanted a weekend fun car and didn't have time to mod His bone stock '07. So  bought mine and sold '07. 

B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I just heard from buyer. He took car into Subaru for a VA state inspection and it happened again. Car on lift to inspect exhaust and soon after 5 or so Subaru techs are under the car " We have never seen an older Outback this clean underneath"  too funny.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 4:09 AM, m sprank said:

I have not seen the car in person. 

Appears to have the standard LGT "sticky dash".  Is an east cost car so I expect rust, possibly into the inner fenders already. 

I know more about the cars than 99% of potential buyers.  Not a fan of all the mod choices so I know would I have work to undo and correct (like always).  I would be pulling the clutch and flywheel for a replacement the moment the car cooled off from the drive home.  Will NEVER again own or drive a car with an ACT. 

I just sold my 2019 4Runner for a profit.  Car is a few hours drive away, but I have no issue with the distance.  I would however be looking at $4-$5k cash as a max offer.

sorry for bump..

Any chance you can elaborate on the reason why you don't like to use ACT products?

On 9/12/2023 at 11:01 AM, KevinEdgar said:

sorry for bump..

Any chance you can elaborate on the reason why you don't like to use ACT products?

Clutches that go boom like a grenade.  Poor engagement and broken springs.   So little engineering that they will sell you a FW light enough to cause misfires.  Back in the early 90's they were the go to.  Not so much anymore. 

On 9/19/2023 at 5:31 AM, m sprank said:

Clutches that go boom like a grenade.  Poor engagement and broken springs.   So little engineering that they will sell you a FW light enough to cause misfires.  Back in the early 90's they were the go to.  Not so much anymore. 

Gotcha, thanks for the insight. I currently use an act lw fw and clutch package. I often get random misfires but never thought of the lw fw being the issue. My car is only 350hp, is there a FW/clutch setup you recommend?