LegacyGT.com

It's Official: Exeter Subaru 2006 NE Dragway

NHLEG

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for those who didn't go, you didn't miss much. TOO DAMN HOT...about 95!!! Of the LGT's there that I saw run (I didn't get there until 11:45), me, bu11dogg2, 1freak, nobody broke 14 and I barely broke 100:( . I also lost power on my second run at high RPM's and backed off thinking I hurt the car, but Pat, the best Subie tech at Exeter Subaru IMHO :icon_bigg (he's a modaholic on Honda's), convinced me it was probably just heatsoak (yes, I was iceing it) which it appears to be since it was fine on the way home. Man does that Perrin TMIC heatsoak quickly! Bu11dogg2 and 1freak did the best they could to rip apart their clutches...Randy, did your car stink when you lifted the hood after we ran!:lol:

However, they had something new this year, a Solo course. I was more interested in that so went ovet there after the car cooled down. I only did one run because one corner was dirt (with some pretty big rocks) and there were some deep ruts by the time I went. Didn't feel like banging up the underside too badly. If they didn't have that corner, I would have done alot more. It was my first time ever on a road course of any type. I could have cut my time alot with more runs. Best time of the day was a 51 (That F1Dyno car can fly), but he had time penalties for cone abuse.:lol: I had a 58.

I got a sunburn while watching you guys try to break 14's.:lol:

Man it was hot. I only stayed until 12:30 then went home to take a swim. The fastest time I saw was a 12.4 by that pink non-street legal legacy.

Maybe next time we will have a better turn out.

Yeah it was hot. But still fun. It was nice talking to the few members that i ran into.

This was the first 1/4 mile I ran and could not get the car to launch right. My time was a 14.4. But at least I won the plauqe for best appearance:lol:

NHLEG you said something to my friends about each run getting worse, and something might not be right. What did you mean?

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

NHLEG you said something to my friends about each run getting worse, and something might not be right. What did you mean?

Doing back to back runs like you were doing in 95 degree heat was heatsoaking your TMIC (actually, entire engine) and clutch pretty badly thus slowing the car down. I only did 2 runs, but my Perrin TMIC heatsoaked so badly, I actually had to back out of it on my second run. You lost about a tenth or 2 on each pass if I remember right. In heat like yesterday, the car really needs to cool after each pass. You probably could have cooked a steak on your TMIC after your (I think it was) 4th pass.:icon_bigg

My R/T Sucked!! i think my best was a .9:( I kept red lighting!

I did run a 14.1, which was what the stg II LGT's and the stock STi's were running!:icon_bigg

and im only stg 1.5:icon_wink (thanks TDC!)

and yes, my clutch took a beating.... by my 8th and final run it was like soup:icon_mad:

I called it day after that:lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Doing back to back runs like you were doing in 95 degree heat was heatsoaking your TMIC (actually, entire engine) and clutch pretty badly thus slowing the car down. I only did 2 runs, but my Perrin TMIC heatsoaked so badly, I actually had to back out of it on my second run. You lost about a tenth or 2 on each pass if I remember right. In heat like yesterday, the car really needs to cool after each pass. You probably could have cooked a steak on your TMIC after your (I think it was) 4th pass.:icon_bigg

Thats what I thought she ment. Just wanted to make sure

I felt bad after abusing the car I left it in the garage for almost 2 days:lol:

thanks

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

Archived