LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

Not collecting money now, just input from the group.  

Stoked @JmP6889928 and so many others are looking to make the trip (again). 

I look forward to the private accommodations, lakeside dock, proximatey to local attractions, and hanging with friends. 

I think I can swing the final deposit/payment prior to collecting from anyone.  I don't have any "digital wallet" other than PayPal and it's permanently linked to the business, so I get walloped by fees. Will figure out an appropriate collection system as well.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, m sprank said:

I think I can swing the final deposit/payment prior to collecting from anyone.  I don't have any "digital wallet" other than PayPal and it's permanently linked to the business, so I get walloped by fees. Will figure out an appropriate collection system as well.

Highly recommend Zelle. No middle man, just directly through your bank. Search on your bank website for it.

1 hour ago, KZJonny said:

Well.... all that except for if @boxkita takes a king size bedroom with lakeside view all to himself, and parks his 86 on the deck. In that case, I think we can all agree he can pay a premium and we'll all take a discout. 😉

Didn't realize that was an option. :)

Although I'm pretty sure Mrs @m sprank might take offense to that distribution of space.

I did spoil myself after leaving last year's ECM. 2 days of sleeping in a vehicle caused a bump in the minimum slider on airbnb. 

• Like 1

Not a full promise however a possibility.

I'm planning on a straight shot from west coast to ecm. This  includes a stop at the family farm. Which means access to grass fed beef & elk. I can fill my little yeti and a foam cooler. Not enough for the whole time but maybe a couple meals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Meat salad???  House does include charcoal grills. Nothing better than eating fresh smoked meat till you sweat.  Ahhh, the meat sweats.  You know it's summer when you look forward to the meat sweats. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, m sprank said:

My freezer after the last butchering.  

20230914_164744.jpg

A lot to like right there.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

My freezer after the last butchering.  

20230914_164744.jpg

I’d like to learn more about this… Have freezer would like to buy 1/2 pig and 1/2 cow, I think…

• Like 1

I call dibs on a room with a queen the 3 of us can share a bed, $66/day is fine for us, just need to figure out exact days but leaning towards the 7th-11th.

@KZJonny what days are you thinking about driving down and back up?

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

5 minutes ago, tysparks81 said:

I call dibs on a room with a queen the 3 of us can share a bed, $66/day is fine for us, just need to figure out exact days but leaning towards the 7th-11th.

@KZJonny what days are you thinking about driving down and back up?

I’m pretty easy on the when of it. For sure will be fun to convoy down with you one way or the other.

My job is a little more seasonal than most, so sometimes it is hard to predict. I feel confident that I can book a few days off around that weekend and maybe get to the ‘drive the glen’ day, tho I’ll have to go back and look at when that is again…

• Like 1

The gr86 forum finally got around to talking about aero issues when the oem mufflers are replaced with a straight pipe.

while looking for the studies @awfulwaffle did a few years ago, I came across my first attempt. still one of my favorite pics from owning the race wagon .

Gunnar's wagon with a duct-taped coat hanger and yarn at triple digit speed. Wagon roof is very aerodynamic...

24ACB063-7237-4893-8BD5-9C31C1E3E097.jpeg

• Like 3

We are looking to be there 6/6 through 6/10 (our plan is to drive there Thursday 6/6, do activities Friday/Sat/Sun, drive home Monday 6/10).

Would prefer a room that sleeps 3, and access to restroom, walk in shower is fine of course.

I read the description and a little confused about linen/towels. The house has all of that? We have no problem bringing our own of course, wagon and BRZ combined should have enough room.

Mike can you confirm the room for these dates?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SubOperator said:

We are looking to be there 6/6 through 6/10 (our plan is to drive there Thursday 6/6, do activities Friday/Sat/Sun, drive home Monday 6/10).

Would prefer a room that sleeps 3, and access to restroom, walk in shower is fine of course.

I read the description and a little confused about linen/towels. The house has all of that? We have no problem bringing our own of course, wagon and BRZ combined should have enough room.

Mike can you confirm the room for these dates?

You are covered. Linen service is included. Bedding and towels for 20. 

You can bring your own if you prefer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else driving from or through the DC/Balt area and only for a shorter weekend? Trying to decide days to participate. I can stay longer cause I can work from anywhere. David, not so much. If he can hitch a ride up for a shorter time, may work out better.

It’s on order. Apparently an accident at the factory has delayed delivery and it is now expected end April. Don’t think we’ll be towing the camper with that…

• Sad 1

Had a brutal road trip to phoenix and back last week. 5000 miles in a week, including a painful night sleeping in the car. With the gr86 crossing 20,000 miles, seriously considering the long term viability of the car. Love driving it for day and weekend trips but cross country isn't really viable. OMG, I think I may be too old to drive a sportscar for long miles anymore. I need a moment to process...

Yeah, so, I'm looking for a nearby airport that has Sixt car rental and a hot car option. A random search is mostly returning Camry and other not fun options. Baltimore has just as many crappy options as other airports. 

Maybe David can bring more than a toothbrush, though. I'll ping @JJBerk and see what their plans are 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, boxkita said:

Had a brutal road trip to phoenix and back last week. 5000 miles in a week, including a painful night sleeping in the car. With the gr86 crossing 20,000 miles, seriously considering the long term viability of the car. Love driving it for day and weekend trips but cross country isn't really viable. OMG, I think I may be too old to drive a sportscar for long miles anymore. I need a moment to process...

Yeah, so, I'm looking for a nearby airport that has Sixt car rental and a hot car option. A random search is mostly returning Camry and other not fun options. Baltimore has just as many crappy options as other airports. 

Maybe David can bring more than a toothbrush, though. I'll ping @JJBerk and see what their plans are 

If ONLY someone made a car that was stylish, comfortable, reasonably powerful and say... came in a wagon format where you could practically lay out a double bed in the back. Wouldn't that be great? Think of the grand tour around the country you could take with one of those... You might even be inspired to call it a Grand Touring car, but that's too wordy. I propose calling it a GT instead, the instagrammers like everything short and sweet.

One can dream.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Trust me...selling my wagon was tuff. I purposely haven't contacted Gunnar about his wagon not that I don't think about it. Often.

I have one engine and Fjuan's sedan still in my garage. I have a possible buyer for the outback. Keeping a LGT is a high likelihood. 

Sort of tempted to talk with Mike about building me a 2024 version of a LGT wagon, but I think long distance driving might be off the table for awhile. Last summer's drive greatly inflamed an old snowboard injury, and I walk with alot of pain now. Flying in and renting a crappy rental (baja racing truck) is easier for awhile.

When I was 20-30's, knocking out a 3k road-trip in a weekend was cake. 30 years later, it's getting harder to walk it off.

Maybe we get a ski boat and a wakeboard for the weekend. Getting on the plane home in a haze of pain would be perfect, especially if the contact high wore off somewhere over Chicago.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, boxkita said:

Trust me...selling my wagon was tuff. I purposely haven't contacted Gunnar about his wagon not that I don't think about it. Often.

I have one engine and Fjuan's sedan still in my garage. I have a possible buyer for the outback. Keeping a LGT is a high likelihood. 

Sort of tempted to talk with Mike about building me a 2024 version of a LGT wagon, but I think long distance driving might be off the table for awhile. Last summer's drive greatly inflamed an old snowboard injury, and I walk with alot of pain now. Flying in and renting a crappy rental (baja racing truck) is easier for awhile.

When I was 20-30's, knocking out a 3k road-trip in a weekend was cake. 30 years later, it's getting harder to walk it off.

Maybe we get a ski boat and a wakeboard for the weekend. Getting on the plane home in a haze of pain would be perfect, especially if the contact high wore off somewhere over Chicago.

John, I for one, would rather see you emerge from a rental Camry with a smile than with grimace of pain from GR86.

My understanding is that we gather to see the people first, and cars second.

I expect there will be at least one BRZ there if you get nostalgic.

• Like 4

So, it seems David may not join us, which makes me hauling the camper, stupid. Is there a room at the inn for me? I’m not as picky about a room as BoxKitty… Plus, I may have to pick up that a$$hole BoxKitty at the airport (I’ll make him drive - maybe cute David will let us take the new WRX) and make him drive up.

Side note, the disaster at the bridge here yesterday is devastating. In a pathetic note of good news, David’s WRX made it to port a day or two before the disaster. We have a VIN, and a delivery date, so we should pick it up this weekend. 

Edited by JJBerk
  • Like 3