LegacyGT.com

Watch the Videos and tell me what you think

The smoke test did not show any leaks.  It's still running rough at idle.  I am going to take it to the dealership where I bought her from. So, with my fingers crossed I will go to them tomorrow.  Stay tuned, but tonight I am gonna take it out on some gym equipment 😆 

I will laugh if all this is from something really small like a 50 dollar part.  😆 

Well just took a test drive with the tech and he witnessed what I have going on. They are going to check the fuel trim and a bevy of other things.  Here I sit and really looking forward to hearing what they find.  

Ok, learned alot and I will add the recommendations when I get a chance.  The car is having small misfires at low idle.  Above low idle it runs perfect.  He believes that there is carbon that has dropped from where it was and deposited into the engine.  So, now the fuel is getting absorbed into the loose carbon and not into the combustion chamber.   

I feel really good about this diagnosis.   He also stated that their could be carbon stopping the egr valve from working properly.  

Dave the tech took his time explaining this all to me.  I applaud him for his over the top effort and his skills.  

The misfires were so small/fast that the vehicles computer compensated for them and never through a code while at the dealership.

They recommend I get my fuel injectors serviced to dissolve any carbon that was displaced during the work that was performed on the car.

They also said I need to look at my EGR valve (I am going to replace that myself here soon).

Edited by Sonder

That's what I thought but my brain wanted to over think it lol.   I found one video of someone removing one and it showed only on o ring gasket.  Well I will roll with it.   

Thank you 

Here is her EGR Valve with 158,230 Miles on it. I replaced it in about 7 minutes. I took my time getting the ratchet extension in there to break it free and to tighten  w/o taking anything off the engine. Now you could take the airbox off, but my bullheaded self said no ..lol.. I would have been a hair easier but not by much! Well Shes purrs like a kitten. Shes 1x happy, but I am still going to still get her fuel injectors cleaned.  The only seal this needs is that oring seal!

Gents I will let you know if anything changes! 

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

20230410_182729.jpg

20230410_182816.jpg

20230410_182835.jpg

20230410_182841.jpg

• Like 4

We get quite a few cars that have light roughness, nearly immeasurable but felt, at idle and are just fine as soon you give it any gas.  It will be interesting if this is a common problem at this mileage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, silverton said:

We get quite a few cars that have light roughness, nearly immeasurable but felt, at idle and are just fine as soon you give it any gas.  It will be interesting if this is a common problem at this mileage.

Due to my back ground in optical tooling and laying out construction for 10,700 hp elec motors it's a curse at times that makes me hyper aware.   

Yes, your right it shocked me when the tech showed me the live feed his laptop was finding about the small misfires.   Then it was amazing to me how he went on to describe how the car computer was making adjustments to compensate for it.   

Your right after the idle relearn last time is when I noticed it.  When she got down below 800 rpm she was not happy.  

The tech said like you it all goes away when the gas pedal is pressed.  

The gas mileage was a little lower by 1 to 2 miles.  

• Like 1

I have to admit, it took me about 20 minutes to figure out that, no, my 2.5GT really doesn't have an EGR system and this thread is about the NA Legacy.

Glad you figured it out and I'm only slightly jealous that you get almost 10mpg more than me cruising at 75.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, motorbreath said:

I have to admit, it took me about 20 minutes to figure out that, no, my 2.5GT really doesn't have an EGR system and this thread is about the NA Legacy.

Glad you figured it out and I'm only slightly jealous that you get almost 10mpg more than me cruising at 75.

Well I wish it was that simple.  Yes, it has been a shock that she gets that gas mileage.  Be well and good luck with your Soob  adventure.  

Well today I got her valve cover gaskets replaced.   I also got her fuel injectors cleaned.  Their is a very noticeable difference after having this done.    Be well folks and she appears to be a very happy Soob.   

• Like 2