LegacyGT.com

Any Electrical Engineers, Electricians or Anyone who knows about electricity?

So us 4th gen 05-06 lgt owners who modified to topfeed via deletes are in need of some electrical wisdom due to the new CARB laws making tuners run for the hills. The 05-06 has 2 seperate devices a sensor and motor to control the tgvs via 2 pin and 3 pin connections, the newer 07-09 topfeed lgts have a single 5 pin connector for both, but the sensor has reversed polarity so this: 

05-06: 3.8-4.9V (Closed), 0.2-0.9V (Open)

07-09: 0.4-1.2V (Closed), 2.8-4.6V (Open)

What we want is something more like this 

05-06: 0.2-0.9V (Closed), 3.8-4.9V (Open)

Is there any kind of electrical thing a ma jiggy we could splice in somewhere to make this happen? Something simple and cheap to reverse the polarity of the sensor signal or something along those lines? 

And how do I buy one ?? I google inverted op amp and I get nothing but schematics. Anything I could just buy? 

I am already posting in that thread, but being that it pertains to 2 years only figured I would toss this out here to get more help cause a bunch of posts are just disappearing, all the posts from underdog and his information just vanished. 

I’m with you on this. I don’t know enough about electrical engineering to design a thing myself. But would be willing to do some soldering and pinning to make this work if I ever need to upgrade to top feeds.

I know it was Underdogs proposal to get enough interest to have IC’s printed, but I wonder if there is enough interest 15+ years in, now that it’s getting super hard to tune around TGV modifications.

DIY might be the way forward for some of us.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you need done? Have some pins soldered in? I’m no electrical engineer but I’m a MET who has some soldering skills and ive got a buddy who’s been doing this kinda stuff for about as long as I’ve been alive (I’m 39 for context). I could ask…maybe something to make a small batch of for a group buy? 

On 2/18/2023 at 5:19 PM, Tehnation said:

So us 4th gen 05-06 lgt owners who modified to topfeed via deletes are in need of some electrical wisdom due to the new CARB laws making tuners run for the hills. The 05-06 has 2 seperate devices a sensor and motor to control the tgvs via 2 pin and 3 pin connections, the newer 07-09 topfeed lgts have a single 5 pin connector for both, but the sensor has reversed polarity so this: 

07-09: 2.8-4.6V (Closed), 0.4-1.2V (Open)

Is there any kind of electrical thing a ma jiggy we could splice in somewhere to make this happen? Something simple and cheap to reverse the polarity of the sensor signal or something along those lines? 

I have an 06, do you want you TGV's gone?

Ok so the 05 and 06 have side feed tgvs with 2 seperate plugs one for the sensor and one for the servo/motor, ie 2 pin and 3 pin connectors. Now the newer top feed lgts use a single plug with 5 pins to control both, they basically combined the two into one plug, so thats all fine and dandy for people wanting to swap from sidefeed to topfeed tgv cause we can buy a 5 pin plug and just depin our 2 pin and 3 pin and rewire it. The problem is the signal from the sensor has reversed polarity, so the voltage being sent to the ecu is reversed and with all the new CARB laws, and EPA crusades tuners like Cobb can't touch emissions stuff. If you look at the original post where I show the signals you see that  things are opposite 

an open signal on the 05 and 06 is a closed signal on a 07+, and now Cobbs latest tuning software can't mess with this stuff, not even sure if opensource could do it, but thats the issue. 

What kind of thinga ma jiggy can you use to reverse that polarity that the ecu is seeing. How would you wire it, what would you need , how do you turn a signal going to the ecu from 05-06: 3.8-4.9V (Closed), 0.2-0.9V (Open)  to wait my original post is completely wrong..... let me fix that! 

Now it actually makes sense...... sorry about that lol! 

So below is the way it is now, oem, and below that is what i mean by swapping or reversing polarity, I hate electrical stuff.... so confusing.

05-06: 0.2-0.9V (Closed), 3.8-4.9V (Open)

That way can just buy 07+ tgv's, some plugs from iwire and build this thinga ma jiggy, then splice it together and be emissions proof and cobb tunable. 

TGV deletes are no bueno in a lot of states now cause one of the biggest and most common tuning software, cobb, won't allow tuners to mess with emissions cause they were about to be sued/fined into oblivion.