LegacyGT.com

Automatic transmission cooling line hose leak

Recently I found a leak in my transmission cooling line. it turned out that one of the  hoses that are connected to the transmission is leaking.  

Due to that I don't wat to spend money in repair shop, I decided to replace it myself since it seems to be an easy fix.

The only thing I am struggling with is that I don't know where I can buy these two hoses besides dealership ( these guys wanted me to pay 77$ for 2 hoses and 4 new clamps for them). 

The questions is: Does anyone know where I can buy parts like that ? ( with delivery)

Parts numbers: 45520N; 45520O; W170062

a_20160531_1418296049.png

a_20160617_1251486259.png

a_20160708_1122265925.png

Yes, go to the site and check them out. I think most dealerships Parts guys will ship.

Have you checked the local auto parts stores ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you’re really strapped for cash, that looks like it wouldn’t be more than a foot or so of hose between the two of them.

I would guess it’ll be under $10 for a foot of high pressure/temp hose and some clamps, if you think it’s possible to make a route for them that doesn’t create a kink….

Not always possible, but if it works you stand to save a pile. Maybe depends on the condition mileage of the car for hacks like that.

The hoses are bent like that so they go in the holder of the radiator/fan assembly. bulk hose wont be able to follow the same route without kinking, but you could probably still get away with it. 

I'd only bother buying new clamps if yours are rusty.

• Like 1