LegacyGT.com

Snow, sleet, ice and freezing rain today...

Waxiboy

It's about 37-38....just enough to thaw and leave things slick. Problem is, you can't tell where the black ice is vs. the wet road.

I saw a minivan in the median on Rt 7, a Tacoma turned the wrong way off in a ditch on the onramp to 7100 (took out a streetlight) and at least two flatbeds with muddy, beat up cars on them.

Staying home until the sun comes out a bit is a good decision.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*

The roads around me don't seem that bad. My wife works in a District a half hour away in the great white north and her school closed at like 4AM. I got a call around 5 telling me we had a 2 hour delay-grrr. Then a few minutes ago they called and said stay home, we closed. You come out in this weather, you gonna get....sideways :lol:

2nd friday off in a row FTW :cool:

:icon_lol::lol:

Actually the monkey on my back makes me. if I dont click what he says i get slapped.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

people in MD can't drive worth a crud either. no offense to anyone. was driving home last night on 495 east around 8pm and passed a lexus going 40mph. it was raining at a steady pace. he started flashing me like it was the end of the world and i was only going like 55-60 passing him. gees, next time i'll pass with an extra lane between me and the other car :icon_excl

Now why would I go and delete a picture that depicts the south in a derogatory way? :)

I have never seen more accidents in a day than when it snowed 3 inches in Roanoke Va. i saw about 27 in a one mile stretch of highway, NO ICE, just snow.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

i dont think i've been anywhere that i would call the drivers good. I dont think the people up north are necessarily better at driving in the snow -- its just that the counties are much better with snow removal and keeping the roads clear.

I've seen in PA where they've got bridges with built in de-icers... nothing like that here in va.

If anything, i'd say drivers around here are too cautious (for the most part) and drive to slow - and that just makes them annoying and dangerous for other drivers trying to swerve around them or slam on thier brakes.

Archived