LegacyGT.com

Battery Settlement

What is the issue? Have you had issues with your stock battery? I know the Outback have a parasitic draw because of the rear hatch but not sure about Legacy. I know we all have the stock 620CCA Subaru battery but are you having issues currently or had issues?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 10:26 AM, subiext said:

I Just got a postcard about this.  Getting ready to take a long trip with my 2 year old battery.  Should I be concerned and if it goes down, do I need to keep all receipts?  

As long as you drive your car frequently, I don't see any issue. If you're worried, turn your headlights to the "on" position (not auto) while driving and the alternator will instantly go to its full charging state. 

I haven't gotten the postcard.  Was it only for the 2.5L?  I think they shipped with a slightly smaller CCA battery than the 2.4L.

On the Outback forums they talk about how the battery affects the ASS (auto stop start).   Sometimes I want it shutting down for longer periods (like at a drive-through) but 15 to 20 seconds is a waste.  Once in a while when it is warm out it might go to 2 minutes.  I'm thinking a better battery would help but I'm not willing to spend money on it.

2 hours ago, Stuff said:

I haven't gotten the postcard.  Was it only for the 2.5L?  I think they shipped with a slightly smaller CCA battery than the 2.4L.

On the Outback forums they talk about how the battery affects the ASS (auto stop start).   Sometimes I want it shutting down for longer periods (like at a drive-through) but 15 to 20 seconds is a waste.  Once in a while when it is warm out it might go to 2 minutes.  I'm thinking a better battery would help but I'm not willing to spend money on it.

It's also very dependent on what is going on in the cabin, you may need to be more conservative with your AC/heat, etc..

15 hours ago, silverton said:

It's also very dependent on what is going on in the cabin, you may need to be more conservative with your AC/heat, etc..

I went down that road when I first got the car trying things.  Not much seems to matter other than outside temperature even if the HVAC is set to off.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, subiext said:

Battery died after 2 yrs. 8 mos.  Heading to dealer today for check and replacement.  TSB07-213-22R

That is unfortunate and report back on your replacement experience under the TSB. Thank you.

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, 0SuperDuper0 said:

Anyone had problems in their 22' yet for original battery? Should be concerned about it? Still have the old OEM battery.

i just started having issues with mine. no solution yet. they have to diagnose it but i dont have time to leave my vehicle with the dealership. what i am experiencing is always having to keep mine on a charger every few weeks and if i dont and forget the slow cranking and then fire up like low voltage. proving my concerns to the dealership is like pulling teeth. this started happening this week. i scheduled an appointment couple weeks out in case it gets worst. mine is factory 620cca battery in my 2022 marked 2-xx-2022 on the battery.

I have a 21 XT Touring and End of August 2022 I left work and the battery was dead.

Had it checked out at the dealer and they said it was good. Fast forward one month later and same scenario.

On my own I put an AGM battery in and complained to Subaru. They did reimburse me.

Those OEM batteries are JUNK.

27 minutes ago, VTXT said:

I have a 21 XT Touring and End of August 2022 I left work and the battery was dead.

Had it checked out at the dealer and they said it was good. Fast forward one month later and same scenario.

On my own I put an AGM battery in and complained to Subaru. They did reimburse me.

Those OEM batteries are JUNK.

I have a case open this week with SOA and yesterday they called me at work and I asked about buying my own and getting reimbursed and they told me no. Not even a goodwill credit. Said I need to deal with the dealership and that’s if it’s even deemed warrant repair so I even pled my case about having to take time off and them keeping my own vehicle and that I have all mine on video but they will just charge my battery and say it’s good and I waste using my time off from work, gas, time back and forth. I even said if my battery takes a dump and have to tow my car to the dealership as a I told you do and she still said they are privately owned and they can still say it’s not a warranted repair even if my vehicle is still under 3y/36k and I have 10y/100k gold. I got tired and told her to just keep my case open and I will have to schedule a weekend to bring it in and see what they would do, at least it would be documented. Why have warranty when you are guilty until proven innocent? Like even videoing my experience and yet still we are liars and they won’t be able to duplicate the issues and off we go. $300 for a AGM Odyssey is a chunk off anyone’s wallet when it’s under warranty and they should just replace the battery even with a larger 750 without hesitation.

I'm sorry you are having a bad experience. I did get the "Good will" credit.

They know these batteries are JUNK. I paid 250 which is not trivial.

One other thing I did was turn off the dome light. I once noticed it stayed on for quite awhile.

I complained to Subaru about their "GTP-Guaranteed trade in program" as I might have bought an Outback but the Dealer wouldn't honor it. No Hassle indeed. Subaru never responded.

2 hours ago, VTXT said:

One other thing I did was turn off the dome light. I once noticed it stayed on for quite awhile.

You can configure the time the dome light stays on via the screen for 0/10/20/30 seconds - I'm guessing the default is 30 seconds.

Does anyone know who makes the OEM battery for Subaru?

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the auto start/stop was staying off for a shorter and shorter period and after hearing you guys talk about how crappy they are I ended up just swapping it out with an antigravity battery. it drops a good 30-40lbs off of the front end. and is suppose to last 8+ years. but I wish I knew I could get reimbursed for the crappy one when it did it 😕 

• 2 weeks later...

My battery is working fine still, but I expect it to crap out given what I am reading here. Found the TSB (attached here). So I assume that I can't get it replaced unless it fails the following?

"A valid battery test code or an authorization with reason Leaking/cracked battery with be required for Claim submission"

MC-10226858-0001.pdf