LegacyGT.com

GOTO:Racing's new race car for 2006: The Legacy GT

GOTORacing

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bias? Bias? We don't need no stinking bias! But, yeah I also want to see how you guys do againts ICY's LGT-W...

Of course we love seeing more Subarus. But it's still racing! I wish them the best of luckand will be happy with their success as long as they are behind me!:icon_bigg:lol:

Don't mis-understand me, I want to see you guys win, just followed very closely by the wa-gone that's all. Your car is my favorite LGT color, ok so I am biased. Besides, your LGT is in damn near every single add in GrassRoots Motorsports, my favorite auto-rag.

Oh, and the photo's GRM has of you guys at Laguna have both of you munching on the back bumpers of your respective competition, the Evo and the Cobalt. I wish I could download and watch a presentation of the race!

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

As you upgrade, I would definately look to your brakes. The Legacy front brakes are already big and beefy, but so is the car. If you plan on tracking on a regular basis, make sure you get pads and rotors up to the challenge. Currently we run all RacingBrake stuff. Without it, I am sure we would not have finished Laguna Seca. Our rotors were glowing in the broad daylight!

Perhaps there's no reason to change, but have you given cryo-treated rotors a try?

I have been fortunate enough to see and inspect both cars. It will be a fun race come mid OHIO! Each car has their strengths!

Ultimately, it is just as important that SUBARU has a presence in Grand-Am, I personally am very happy to see the legacy as opposed to the impreza line leading the way in aftermarket "venues and parts"

-mark

ChrisLock saw you on Speed Channel yesterday at the Phoenix race (not sure if it was live)....my old home town. Looked good and thank you for reaffirming that I correctly purchased a highly underrated, mostly ignored, fine sports sedan. I will continue to live vicariously through you....

Damn those Acura's to Hell!

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Wait, when is Mid-Ohio? I might just have to make that road trip as well!!!

June 23 - 25, 2006 - should be a huge fun weekend :D

If you can't make it, however, catch the racing action on SpeedTV on July 9, 11:00 AM ET

Joel @ GOTO:Racing

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by the local dealership to pick-up the Cds that were returned after my radio was replaced. They had a stack of the Subaru Performance Magazines with the Icy/Phoenix car on the cover. The guys seemed clueless when I asked if they were going to Mid-O to support the Subaru contingent. I told them about GOTO's new effort and only a couple of the techs seemed to raise their eyebrows.

I will be there both days pulling for the Subarus since I am only 60 miles from the track. Too bad one of the local dealerships is not actively pushing this event. I guess they will be busy supporting the Porche and Audi brands they sell.

Good luck, the track is a smooth as a baby's a$$, no more concrete patches!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats on your COBB sponsorship! Is that going to change anything? I can't wait to see you race here in Utah!

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

Congrats on your COBB sponsorship! Is that going to change anything? I can't wait to see you race here in Utah!

Well for one, it will mean that we get to work with the best aftermarket performance shop in the business. That will definately help the effort. And Two, it get us enough funding to insure we can make the next two stops we have planned. The biggest thing here is for us to get experience with this car and this series so we can take a good run at a full season in 2007.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to get or see the March or May '06 Laguna Seca races from start to finish?

Or any of the races the Locks' LGT attended for that matter?

(just went through 22 pages of this thread...phew!)

Is there any way to get or see the March or May '06 Laguna Seca races from start to finish?

Or any of the races the Locks' LGT attended for that matter?

(just went through 22 pages of this thread...phew!)

Try TIVOing the GAC races. Here is a short recap of the phoenix race, where we got the most exposure(also our worst pit stop : ):

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/GOTOgacPIR.wmv

right click save as

as far as the A1GP vids, they were never encoded, but now that we know people want to see them, we will look into it. You can also got to USTCC.com, they have a video that largely includes in-car from that specific race.

Chris Lock

ChrisLock, thanks for the PM and info. I know you're busy.

If you can get it, I really want to see that rainy March race you took 2nd to the EVO! I'm showing my support however/ whenver I can!!

And are you in or near the New England area again before the season's over?

ChrisLock, thanks for the PM and info. I know you're busy.

If you can get it, I really want to see that rainy March race you took 2nd to the EVO! I'm showing my support however/ whenver I can!!

And are you in or near the New England area again before the season's over?

The key moments of that race are at USTCC.com. go to "videos" then use their selection menu and choose "Laguna Seca 2006". Some great back and forth incar footage of the battle. Of course we will be looking into getting the whole thing encoded as well, but you have to get your fix there for now :).

Try TIVOing the GAC races. Here is a short recap of the phoenix race, where we got the most exposure(also our worst pit stop : ):

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/GOTOgacPIR.wmv

right click save as

as far as the A1GP vids, they were never encoded, but now that we know people want to see them, we will look into it. You can also got to USTCC.com, they have a video that largely includes in-car from that specific race.

Chris Lock

Very, very, very cool!!!

Great job Lock bros! Shame about that pit stop but stuff happens, eh?

Great to see the Leggy ripping around the track!

• 3 months later...
The key moments of that race are at USTCC.com. go to "videos" then use their selection menu and choose "Laguna Seca 2006". Some great back and forth incar footage of the battle. Of course we will be looking into getting the whole thing encoded as well, but you have to get your fix there for now :).

congratulations on great showings so far! you've singlehandedly put the legacy gt in serious contention in the racing scene. kudos to you.

• 4 months later...

Hmmm, just found this thread, Sub-newb here pokin' around... looks like it's been in a coma for a bit, :)

Paging Chris Lock... any updates for this season sir? Best of luck yo you & the entire family, read about you guys in R&T (iirc??)

~Carlos

Archived