LegacyGT.com

2 Car Garage - Thoughts on layout...

• 5 months later...

Electrical inspection Monday.

I know the work is good, but there could very easily be code stuff I missed or misinterpreted. We will see.

I do know all new circuits here are meant to be Arc Fault Interrupt protected, but it’s awfully hard to run an arc welder on a circuit that is…. So ideally that isn’t a problem.

I guess the lights should have one? Ah well. Cross that bridge when I get to it.

• Like 2

ESA inspector arrived while I reassembling the engine.

Ended up talking about turbos and welding for like 45 minutes.

He took a look around. Opened the breaker panel and used a hardware store receptacle/gfci tester to make sure recs were wired correctly, then signed off and left. So…. I guess car guys stick together and know when a person is doing good work. 😜

• Like 2

Yeah, it seems some of the inspectors know what to look for. Also, having something in common helps too.

I remember after having the Generac standby generator installed, when the inspector came, he reaffirmed the name of the contractor who did the wiring, who happened to be an electrician I met at work back in the early 1990's when they were building the new area I would soon be working in, I said yes, it was Steve R, he just opened the box and said good, I'm done. 

Yet I do recall, after renting a small backhoe to dig the 22" deep trench for the power cables, it took a long time for someone to come out and verify I did it deep enough, I seem to recall the girl in the office saying something about the town was having difficulties with hiring a reliable person at that time... that was back in 2014. 

I checked the dates on the photo's, I dug the trench May 24th had the conduit in June 2nd was able to have completed by Sept 13th.

DSCN6517.JPG

DSCN6626.JPG

DSCN6444.JPG

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

I rolled the dice and just took a lot of photos, then filled the trench. :)

It was almost a year between that and actually getting an inspection, so I didn’t feel like waiting on it, and breaking my leg one night in the dark hah!