LegacyGT.com

Essential mod help?

Just wondering if anyone has some insight towards some quintessential mods for a 2008 LGT 5MT. Whether it be bulletproofing or performance I'm all for it. I know this might've been answered before so if it has feel free to direct me to it.

Mods on car so far:

-Borla Catback

-Unknown DP, has HF cats but covered in heat wrap

-Tomei Expreme Headers/UP

-Cobb SF intake w/box

-Accessport Stage 2+

-Stage 2+ clutch/pressure plate

-Cobb short throw shifter w/bushings

-235s on 18s in the summer

-Full Whiteline suspension (sway bars, endlinks, bushings, etc.)

-Lowered on KYB struts/shocks with Eibach springs

Currently putting money aside for future timing belt/waterpump replacement in the future (sitting at 133,800kms), and valve covers have a very minimal amount of sweat, so not terribly concerning yet. All previous maintenance done and fluids religiously changed.

Any input would be great, thanks!

Have you looked at the sticky's on the top of the forums ?

Sounds like the car is done, just make sure you keep an eye on oil usage and always keep it topped off with oil.

May be send a oil sample off to Blackstone Labs,

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you looked at the sticky's on the top of the forums ?

Sounds like the car is done, just make sure you keep an eye on oil usage and always keep it topped off with oil.

May be send a oil sample off to Blackstone Labs,

Yeah, looked through the sticky's before I posted this, but I was just wondering if there was anything beyond it since they have been posted I should know about. Planning to get a pro tune and work on aesthetics next if nothing else.

Yeah, looked through the sticky's before I posted this, but I was just wondering if there was anything beyond it since they have been posted I should know about. Planning to get a pro tune and work on aesthetics next if nothing else.
There's smaller stuff like a catch can and maybe replacing OEM FPR with the 05 STI one but other than that it sound like you got most of the major mods done already. If you're looking for a larger turbo 16g, jmp vf40, or vf52 are good options for a daily.

If it’s lowered add a Whiteline Roll Center kit. It fixes the suspension angles and greatly improved the ride of the car.

Cylinder 4 cooling mod from Getadomtune.com is essential to spread out the heat and cool cylinder 4 so it lasts longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's smaller stuff like a catch can and maybe replacing OEM FPR with the 05 STI one but other than that it sound like you got most of the major mods done already. If you're looking for a larger turbo 16g, jmp vf40, or vf52 are good options for a daily.

Definitely considering changing the turbo in the future, thank you for your advice.

If it’s lowered add a Whiteline Roll Center kit. It fixes the suspension angles and greatly improved the ride of the car.

Cylinder 4 cooling mod from Getadomtune.com is essential to spread out the heat and cool cylinder 4 so it lasts longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noted, will invest in a roll kit and I have been eying the cylinder 4 cooler for a while so I will buy one next. thanks!

JDM HVAC controls and double din stereo Mount.....unless you can live without streaming music in your car.

A post it note note on your dash reminding you to check oil level every gas fill up

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I actually rigged up a bluetooth device +2 amps and retained the factory headunit, didn't have the money to spend on a JDM kit at the time and can't say I regret. Maybe in the future.