LegacyGT.com

Timing belt and clutch pricing

I was going through the parts to add everything up and still cannot figure out why the front sway bar wouldn't fit. From what I can find, the only thing I think it might be is that I ordered a 3.6 swaybar by mistake. Here is what I ordered:

20401AJ08A

From the listing on Heuberger's parts site, it says the swaybar fits the 2.5 in the 13-14 cars.

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/p/49230248/20401AJ08A.html

They also list a 20401AJ00A, which may be the correct one.

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/p/Subaru_2013_Legacy-25L-6MT-4WD-Premium-Sedan/Suspension-Stabilizer-Bar-Front/49230245/20401AJ00A.html

Best bet is to call up a dealer and give them your VIN, they should be able to give you the correct part number. For example, for my 2010 the Subaru parts site is giving me two different parts numbers, both compatible with my year, 20401AJ03A and 20401AJ11A. Same thing happened with my fuel filter housing and front subframe.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:20 AM, Falcor said:

My car has the 23mm front sway bar and I was wanting to upgrade to the 26mm 2013-2014 bar. 

I did that when I had the short block replaced - I bought 20401AJ00A (swaybar) and 20414AJ10A (bushings - need 2) and have that installed on my car.  (also have the 13/14 springs with Koni shocks)

2 hours ago, DrD123 said:

I did that when I had the short block replaced - I bought 20401AJ00A (swaybar) and 20414AJ10A (bushings - need 2) and have that installed on my car.  (also have the 13/14 springs with Koni shocks)

So, it looks like I have a 13-14 3.6 front sway bar. Downside is I have no idea what the cost would be to send it back to Heuberger. 

On 7/19/2023 at 6:51 PM, Falcor said:

So, it looks like I have a 13-14 3.6 front sway bar. Downside is I have no idea what the cost would be to send it back to Heuberger. 

Did you give them your vin when you ordered or let them know what the bar was for?  Alec is pretty good about checking things, so hopefully they'll help you out!

2 hours ago, DrD123 said:

Did you give them your vin when you ordered or let them know what the bar was for?  Alec is pretty good about checking things, so hopefully they'll help you out!

He called because my VIN didn't match the front sway bar. I didn't think much of it since it wouldn't have matched anyway because of the difference in size (23mm vs. 26mm). He said they would not warranty it since it didn't match my car. He never mentioned it was for a 3.6 and would never have fit a 2.5.