LegacyGT.com

Swapping hood and trunk lid

Hello I have a '12 Legacy 3.6R and am looking to swap the trunk lid for one with the spoiler and brake light. I am also looking to swap the hood for one with a hood scoop because it looks cooler.

For the trunk lid, how would I go about wiring the new spoiler brake light?

I am also in need of a front bumper cover F3T. Mine is damaged.

Thanks

Edited by 2012 Legacy H6
Addtl info

You're probably not going to find any GT owner to swap the hoods. GT are very rare and it is functional parts for the turbo's intercooler. Someone could have swap front mount intercooler out but I think that is very unlikely they would swap out the hood. (I can only think of one person who did swap the hood for non scooped hood). You try looking through junkyards and hope that one pops up or buy a new hood and have it painted to match.

I have actually have a F3T colored Legacy GT with a spoiler. I would swap the spoiler with you if you had a GT. It is not worth it for me to swap trunk and put the proper GT emblems back on my car.

If getting a hood scoop, consider getting a reverse cowl type of scoop to avoid pumping your engine bay with air and having that air pressure exit under the car causing lift.

I've gone with a front mount for my GT, definitely wouldn't mind a reverse cowl myself.

If getting a hood scoop, consider getting a reverse cowl type of scoop to avoid pumping your engine bay with air and having that air pressure exit under the car causing lift.

I've gone with a front mount for my GT, definitely wouldn't mind a reverse cowl myself.

There is nothing available like that for 5th Legacys currently, that would have to be 100% custom fabricated.