• ale/lager/heffenweisen
    • Fruity drink
    • hard liquer/mixed
    • Wine
    • I cant drink cuz im in AA

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate beer so if I do drink I'll do shots of soco chilled or I'll get a Smirnoff Ice Sour Apple or a regular one and add a shot of Midory Melenberry liquor to it to make it taste like a mountain dew.

Dude, go to California Pizza Kitchen and try their apple martini. They use Midori in it, and it's the best recipe I've found anywhere. I tried to duplicate it at home, but I finally broke down and asked the bartender at CPK for the recipe. I'll still continue to try to tweak it, though.

Dude, go to California Pizza Kitchen and try their apple martini. They use Midori in it, and it's the best recipe I've found anywhere. I tried to duplicate it at home, but I finally broke down and asked the bartender at CPK for the recipe. I'll still continue to try to tweak it, though.

Nice sounds good. I never heard of California Pizza Kitchen though so I doubt theres any on the east coast so If I see one I'll definately stop in to try it.

Nice sounds good. I never heard of California Pizza Kitchen though so I doubt theres any on the east coast so If I see one I'll definately stop in to try it.

they are on the east coast...at least in the SE..not sure about the NE. i'll have to try the appletini next time i'm there since rfd says it's gooooood!

Kenda:dm:

This discussion almost inspired me to make a batch of apple martinis last night; however, I had just bought my local liquor store completely out of Anchor Christmas Beer (from the makers of Anchor Steam). They had eight 6-packs left, and I bought it all. It's my favorite winter seasonal beer so far this year, and I know from past years it's gone pretty fast, so I loaded up. It's a spicy, very flavorful brew. It reminds me of good gin (e.g. Bombay) in a way, because it has so many different flavors that seem to hit different parts of your tastebuds. It tastes nothing like gin; I just mean in the sense of how it hits you with so many different flavors. Pick up a 6-pack of the Anchor Christmas if you get a chance!

Anyway, since I've got so much of it, I thought it'd be kind of ridiculous to make apple martinis.

This discussion almost inspired me to make a batch of apple martinis last night; however, I had just bought my local liquor store completely out of Anchor Christmas Beer (from the makers of Anchor Steam). They had eight 6-packs left, and I bought it all. It's my favorite winter seasonal beer so far this year, and I know from past years it's gone pretty fast, so I loaded up. It's a spicy, very flavorful brew. It reminds me of good gin (e.g. Bombay) in a way, because it has so many different flavors that seem to hit different parts of your tastebuds. It tastes nothing like gin; I just mean in the sense of how it hits you with so many different flavors. Pick up a 6-pack of the Anchor Christmas if you get a chance!

Anyway, since I've got so much of it, I thought it'd be kind of ridiculous to make apple martinis.

i haven't had a winter seasonal beer yet. i probably should though since i was hooked on some of the fall seasonals. i found Dogfish Head 60min this wknd and bought it. I was dissappointed they didn't have the 90min. the lady said they got 1 box in a while ago and it sold out within the day. :eek:

any recommendations for a good red wine for christmas dinner?? i know it can't be too dry since mom doesn't like the dry taste (hence why she doesnt drink red).

any recommendations for a good red wine for christmas dinner?? i know it can't be too dry since mom doesn't like the dry taste (hence why she doesnt drink red).

Go to a wine store and ask for a red wine from the Rioja Valley in Spain. you wont be dissapointed, I promise. Not dry at all!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I've tried quite a few of this year's seasonal beers. My favorite is the Anchor, but there are a number of other good ones. The Breckenridge and the Goose Island are both pleasant, flavorful brown ales. Boulder Never Summer is another nice one. If you like a hoppy pale ale, try the Sierra Nevada Celebration (another one that tends to sell out early in the season).

I've tried quite a few of this year's seasonal beers. My favorite is the Anchor, but there are a number of other good ones. The Breckenridge and the Goose Island are both pleasant, flavorful brown ales. Boulder Never Summer is another nice one. If you like a hoppy pale ale, try the Sierra Nevada Celebration (another one that tends to sell out early in the season).

i saw Celebration at Total Wine the other day when i was buying the Dogfish. I should picked up an individual bottle. May do it later in the week or Sat when i get home.

care to elaborate on your in house beer tap? link?
If you need a tap I can get you one, we make them here at my dads shop, for Otter Creek Brewery and I built a whole bunch of custom ones (Glow in the dark, seethrough, other cool ones)

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

care to elaborate on your in house beer tap? link?

I got it from neatbrewingideas a few years ago - the kit was a bit $$$ compared to now (prices have come down a lot) but it came with everything.

I brew my own wheat beer on a regular basis so I needed taps (bottles are such a pain). A lot of times I will brew two beers back to back, so I have two taps going. I usually make the following: a dunkelweissen (some times cherry), pilsner wit (my favorite), and regular weizens.

Old pics >>> http://teknophilic.blogspot.com/

Guest JessterCPA

My personal fav is Rosemont Shiraz. Just picked up a bunch of bottles at the local Costco for $9/bottle. I have never been dissapointed with this wine.

Jesse

If you need a tap I can get you one, we make them here at my dads shop, for Otter Creek Brewery and I built a whole bunch of custom ones (Glow in the dark, seethrough, other cool ones)

linky? or telephone # for catalog

I got it from neatbrewingideas a few years ago - the kit was a bit $$$ compared to now (prices have come down a lot) but it came with everything.

I brew my own wheat beer on a regular basis so I needed taps (bottles are such a pain). A lot of times I will brew two beers back to back, so I have two taps going. I usually make the following: a dunkelweissen (some times cherry), pilsner wit (my favorite), and regular weizens.

sweet!! i would like to start brewing my own some day

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

sweet!! i would like to start brewing my own some day

I waited a while before doing it - I always thought it would be difficult. I helped a friend brew once, and the following weekend I bought a kit.

For about 100-120 you can get a nice kit, with bottles, and a pack of ingredients. Stick with ales - they are a lot more forgiving than lagers. Wait 4 weeks - and then drink and be merry.

I waited a while before doing it - I always thought it would be difficult. I helped a friend brew once, and the following weekend I bought a kit.

For about 100-120 you can get a nice kit, with bottles, and a pack of ingredients. Stick with ales - they are a lot more forgiving than lagers. Wait 4 weeks - and then drink and be merry.

hmmmm ales!!!!

Archived